Part of me dreams of having Sean Payton as a head coach

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Drew brees is a Hall of famer, but I'm not convinced he does this with a different coach. I watched the saints closely for 12 years. Their receivers get open mostly because of their system. I've seen average receivers look good there. It's amazing how good their system is.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Drew brees is a Hall of famer, but I'm not convinced he does this with a different coach. I watched the saints closely for 12 years. Their receivers get open mostly because of their system. I've seen average receivers look good there. It's amazing how good their system is.
There this thing called defense and unfortunately for Payton, he can't field a decent one. It has always held them back.

There is a HOF QB on their roster and yes a pretty amazing system. But, if NO could have found a way to build up their defense they would have won at least one more super bowl. Imagine Payton as a OC with some team coached by a good defensive minded HC.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I know he's been out of the game for a while, but, you know who I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in as our next HC? Mike Shanahan. We have an offense capable of the WCO. I think Shanahan would be better able to get us into the WCO.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Payton has 1 SB and has had 1 of the best QBs alltime......i think hes overrated
The team started losing after Brees got his contract. If he had a reasonable deal, the team would've won more. Also, Brees would be a regular qb without Payton. We saw him in San Diego. He was good, but he suddenly became all-time great in his late 20s when he got with Payton. Paytons the biggest reason for their success. One Super Bowl is more than a bunch of coaches and players have. Sean Payton made Jimmy Graham Great. He's a regular TE without him.Brees would be solid without him.

dallas72

Reaction score
The team started losing after Brees got his contract. If he had a reasonable deal, the team would've won more. Also, Brees would be a regular qb without Payton. We saw him in San Diego. He was good, but he suddenly became all-time great in his late 20s when he got with Payton. Paytons the biggest reason for their success. One Super Bowl is more than a bunch of coaches and players have. Sean Payton made Jimmy Graham Great. He's a regular TE without him.Brees would be solid without him.
Do you actually believe what you type?? Brees was a Pro Bowl QB in San Diego

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Dak made a pro bowl as a rookie. Romo made a pro bowl off 6 games. Brees was a good qb, but not an all-time great before Garrett. He also had LT who was the best rb in the league at the time. LT had 1600 rushing yards and 100 catches in one season. He also had Gates. That'll help you. Brees will be in the hall of fame, but I always view him as a stat guy. He gets a bunch of yards but doesn't always get tds. He also benefits from a great system who allows practice squad receivers to look good. Remember Payton wanted Romo before they signed Brees. had he signed Romo, Romo would have those numbers and Brees would be Kirk Cousins or potentially, Alex Smith.