Pass Protection for this Game

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Hey guys I noticed in the preseason how we had our RB's up closer near the line of scrimmage instead of being in their normal spot. This to me is to help in pass pro, I've seen MM use this formation in Green Bay for Rodgers. It may be the OC's doing of this formation, who knows. I think it'll be effective throughout the season, and especially this game with all the injury concerns, please give your thoughts

Jipper

Reaction score
I'll take "what are the cowboys going to struggle most at against the giants" for 500 Alex.

In all seriousness I think it serves 2 purposes...one you stated but two it gives a quick dump off option to get the ball out if needed.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'll take "what are the cowboys going to struggle most at against the giants" for 500 Alex.

In all seriousness I think it serves 2 purposes...one you stated but two it gives a quick dump off option to get the ball out if needed.
right!!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Stopping them on third down.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am worried Thibodeaux is going to school Tyron Smith tonight. If I was McCarthy I would plan on giving Tyron a TE to chip Thibodeaux.

I am also worried that Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrence will abuse whoever we have at left guard if Tyler Smith can't play.

If the Cowboys pass protection breaks down It will take away one of the biggest advantages the Cowboys offense has against the Giants defenses - the Giants secondary. If Dak doesn't have time to throw it makes those Giants CBs a lot more effective.

btw, it is pouring here in NJ now.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Hey guys I noticed in the preseason how we had our RB's up closer near the line of scrimmage instead of being in their normal spot. This to me is to help in pass pro, I've seen MM use this formation in Green Bay for Rodgers. It may be the OC's doing of this formation, who knows. I think it'll be effective throughout the season, and especially this game with all the injury concerns, please give your thoughts
Yes, the coaches have said this year the backs will be blocking before they go out into receiving patterns.