Video: Pat McAfee: Dak says he wants to be a Cowboy forever

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
"I'm excited to be here and never leave. This is my home, I'm not leaving and this is only the beginning"
Could be true. Certainly the thing to say at the start of a big fat 4 year deal. Dak has always said the smart thing to media.

And he probably *does* want to stay here. Lots of advantages to being the Cowboy QB.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Could be true. Certainly the thing to say at the start of a big fat 4 year deal. Dak has always said the smart thing to media.

And he probably *does* want to stay here. Lots of advantages to being the Cowboy QB.
He probably does, I'm sure some will point to him trying to get every cent he could, but well, he bet on himself and the team caved. Can't blame a guy for demanding what they believe they are worth - and getting it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He probably does, I'm sure some will point to him trying to get every cent he could, but well, he bet on himself and the team caved. Can't blame a guy for demanding what they believe they are worth - and getting it.

Financially, it was always best for Dak to stay here. Maybe a bigger contract elsewhere, but after taxes and marketing, he'd make more money here.

I give him team credit for not drawing it out this season. He could have held up free agency signings, but got the deal done and cleared cap early instead of forcing a tag and holding up more cap.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well, Dak, you sure aren't acting like it.
No? Then how did he convince the owner to hand over a bank for his serves?

Dak-Cowboy-Hat.jpg

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, he’ll love to be a Cowboy if we pay him 60 million a season on his next contract. If we win a Super Bowl in the next 4 years I’m in, otherwise not so much.

ghst187

Reaction score
It’s only true if they will keep overpaying him.
I fed a stray dog once, it told me it wanted to live at my house forever. Then my neighbor started feeding him and I never saw the dog again.

Rayman70

Reaction score
in the heat of the moment, where money is involved, we say alot of things. Situations change.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
As long as the Cowboys are offering him the most money, of course. Let's not get it twisted. This isn't loyalty.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe Dak. Unless some of you guys are his close personal friends, how can you say this is not the case? From what I know, Dak grew up a Cowboys' fan, and he wants to stay with "his" team. Just because he got paid a lot of money doesn't mean it's all bogus. Dak is "having his cake and eating it too". :p

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So, his allegiance depends strictly on being overpaid?
Dak said it himself at the press conference... he isn't motivated by money. He grew up a Cowboys fan and never want to be anything else but the Cowboys QB.

cowboyed

Reaction score
It’s only true if they will keep overpaying him.
I fed a stray dog once, it told me it wanted to live at my house forever. Then my neighbor started feeding him and I never saw the dog again.
The neighbor promised him a special relationship including sexual favors.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak said it himself at the press conference... he isn't motivated by money. He grew up a Cowboys fan and never want to be anything else but the Cowboys QB.
Now that is a line of BS by Dak. His actions scream otherwise.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
So perhaps next contract Dak has already made his money and gives us that discount double check? Haha

Brax

Reaction score
Pure BS from Dak, all it was about was the money.