Pat Watkins fans......

cowboys19

Reaction score
Im a huge FSU fan and Cowboys fan, so i know alot about Watkins.

I know there are a few here that really like Pat. I do too but honestly i dont want us to draft him. Id rather have Huff.

He is tall 6'4", skinny, 200 lbs, and has long arms. has ok speed 4.58-4.65 speed. Great vertical 39 inches. not very good hands, drops alot of ints. Got beat on a TD today vs Clemson, the WR blew right by him and outstretched Pat and scored.

Throughout his career he has been solid but hasent been a playmaker or made a whole lot of INTS.

Now suprisingly he is a VERY good tackler, hardly does he ever miss a guy.

Im guesing a 2nd to 3rd round pick. Maybe if he drops to the 3rd round we can grab him but def not before that, he just hasent impressed me so much that he can start for us at FS and be the guy we have all been looking for

Tristan

Reaction score
Resembles Butler (GT), who surprisingly went undrafted last year and ended up signing as a UFA with the Giants. There was reports that we were interested in signing him.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I watched him - Very skinny

Not ready - a Berry 0 redshirt type. He made a bunch of reacts and showed closing speed and was there in run support. JMO - A 4TH ROUNDER

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I say the FS Dallas should target is Calvin Lowrey of Penn State. He's listed at SS, but is returning punts so the athletic ability is there. Decent size/speed and a solid tackler. Probably a late first day pick.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we need a guy at FS that can cover first and tackle second. Give me a guy that can cover a slot receiver, meaning this FS would need 4.5 speed and I would be pleased as punch.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if this team doesn't even address FS in the offseason. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with Davis/Pile/Beriault.

If they do want to address it, they should sign Chris Hope and be done with it.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
I'll be pissed if we don't address FS

Yeah, we know. Ty Law will probably be a FS again next year. :rolleyes:

I just don't think the team values the position. And I don't blame them. I'd rather have a stud OLB opposite Ware....or a playmaking WR....or an impact ILB.....or a solid OL. Pile has actually played pretty well IMO. I liked what I saw of Beriault in preseason.