Pat Watkins

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He's improved greatly. One of the things working against him is that opposing QB's really haven't thrown many deep bomb passes that would play to his strength of being so tall. Still, he's done pretty well and it's obvious the coaching staff has confidence in him. Plus, he's playing pretty well on ST coverage too.

YAKUZA

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I loved this guy out of FSU. He has legit 4.4 speed and can close.

He just needed a few years to get his body NFL ready and some confidence he could be real good. And he is a very willing tackler....

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Nors;1834828 said:
And he is a very willing tackler....

He is, but his tackling technique still needs work. Parcells was on him a lot about "shoulder tackling" rather than wrapping up -- he still does that a bit.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
lookit, we need corners and safeties that can jump passes then teams will fear us in the passing game...thats what I want...players who can cover well enough to jump passes...is that too much to ask?

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Ben_n_austin;1834646 said:
I don't think he'll start. I think we re-sign Hamlin.
Well, my dream scenario would be Watkins at FS and Hamlin at SS.

But we know that's not gonna happen. Some people still don't believe Roy is a weak link to our defense.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Little Jr;1834662 said:
What? That was a horrible call. He was playing the ball all the way.

That was an awful call, he was just standing there waiting for the ball when Moss plowed into him.

His miss tackle vs GB bothered me, he has to make that tackle and force them to kick the FG right before the half.