Pat Watkins!!

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
today hardly proved he is the future or the present. he played good and i like him but he has cost us a lot so far this year and still has a lot of work to do.

Hailmary

Reaction score
While I do think Watkins has potential, he seems to arrive late to the scene on most plays. He seems to have the physical tools, but I wonder if he has the insticts to be an effective everydown FS.

His hit on Vick was sweet tho....

If Parrish pans out next season or if we choose to draft a FS early in the draft, I would like to see Watkins get a shot at WR next TC. I realize his int tonight was the result of a meaningless desperation heave from Schaub, but it looked like he was on the receiving end of a deep post.

Manster68

Reaction score
Many of these posters have little patience for first year players.

It takes time folks. That is just a cold hard fact.

Everybody wants instant superstar and it just doesn't happen that way.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
I hope we don't give up on Watkins..let's see what he can do the rest of the way and in the off season. I think between him, Parrish, Roy, and possible Nate Jones we can be set at saftey. That's if Watkins pans out...

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
SteveOS;1238183 said:
He played well, but there is always a question mark in the secondary. This week, it's Henry. Who's it gonna be next week? Henry was solid last year pre-injury, I'm shocked he's playing this bad.
Henry was not nearly as solid as you people think....I remember he was beat several times and the throws were off or the WRs dropped the ball etc...I said it then and I will say it now..I wanted Fred Smoot AND Henry is a plodder that will only get worse as he gets older...next year should be his LAST as a starter....Brandon Lloyd, yes that Brandon Lloyd looked like Randy Moss against Henry. And I think that nasty groin pull he had last year can be traced back to the fact that he does not have the body structure (loose hips, turn/pivot and run with fast WRs etc...)to play that position. He without question is going to require our pass rush to get better, because he cannot hold up long in coverage. I mean the guy for a double move against KeyShawn Johnson this year.....HOW DO YOU FALL FOR A DOUBLE MOVE AGAINST KEYSHAWN JOHNSON....there are never any circumstances where KeyShawn Johnson should get behind you....NEVER

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
The Cure is... Henry starting FS... Watkins backup FS....K.Davis backup SS....Draft a cover Corner with the 32 pick in the Draft.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
The best part about the Watkins hit on Vick was to see him wrapping his arms around him to bring him down.

It drives me crazy when the D tries to either give someone a shove or take their legs our without wrapping up the tackle. It's just lazy and could really cost us.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Faerluna;1239292 said:
The best part about the Watkins hit on Vick was to see him wrapping his arms around him to bring him down.

It drives me crazy when the D tries to either give someone a shove or take their legs our without wrapping up the tackle. It's just lazy and could really cost us.
Spoken for truth.

The big hit is great, but I'd rather see solid tackling all the time.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1238141 said:
Nice to see him get that pic even if Roy interfered with the WR. I'm still crossing my fingers hoping he is the answer at FS.

I thought the officials got it right with the no call on Roy making contact with the receiver. Roy was clearly going for the ball and beat the WR to the ball. That's not pass interference.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hailmary;1238972 said:
While I do think Watkins has potential, he seems to arrive late to the scene on most plays. He seems to have the physical tools, but I wonder if he has the insticts to be an effective everydown FS.

Given he's a 5th rounder and was thrown to the wolves I think he's done darned well. Not only is he getting turnovers that the bullet magnet never did he's taking good angles to the ball carrier on running play. Davis looks like he never had a geometry class in his life.

If Parrish pans out next season or if we choose to draft a FS early in the draft, I would like to see Watkins get a shot at WR next TC. I realize his int tonight was the result of a meaningless desperation heave from Schaub, but it looked like he was on the receiving end of a deep post.

All I can say about that thought process is...

dork.gif

joseephuss

Reaction score
NFL.com has the stats for last nights game.

INTERCEPTIONS NO YDS AVG LG TD

D.Ware 1 41 41.0 41 1
P.Watkins 1 -100 -100.0 -100 0

Total 2 -59 -29.5 41 1

I believe Watkins has the only two interceptions from the free safety position over the last two seasons.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
joseephuss;1239714 said:
NFL.com has the stats for last nights game.

INTERCEPTIONS NO YDS AVG LG TD

D.Ware 1 41 41.0 41 1
P.Watkins 1 -100 -100.0 -100 0

Total 2 -59 -29.5 41 1

I believe Watkins has the only two interceptions from the free safety position over the last two seasons.

And the only forced fumbles. And I think he's eclipsed Davis' total of passes defensed.

Frozen700

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1239450 said:
Given he's a 5th rounder and was thrown to the wolves I think he's done darned well. Not only is he getting turnovers that the bullet magnet never did he's taking good angles to the ball carrier on running play. Davis looks like he never had a geometry class in his life.

All I can say about that thought process is...

dork.gif

lmao..i kno...Davis always seemed to get in the way..more then help..

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbailey423;1239122 said:
Henry was not nearly as solid as you people think....I remember he was beat several times and the throws were off or the WRs dropped the ball etc...I said it then and I will say it now..I wanted Fred Smoot AND Henry is a plodder that will only get worse as he gets older...next year should be his LAST as a starter....Brandon Lloyd, yes that Brandon Lloyd looked like Randy Moss against Henry. And I think that nasty groin pull he had last year can be traced back to the fact that he does not have the body structure (loose hips, turn/pivot and run with fast WRs etc...)to play that position. He without question is going to require our pass rush to get better, because he cannot hold up long in coverage. I mean the guy for a double move against KeyShawn Johnson this year.....HOW DO YOU FALL FOR A DOUBLE MOVE AGAINST KEYSHAWN JOHNSON....there are never any circumstances where KeyShawn Johnson should get behind you....NEVER
The Fred Smoot of Love boat fame. The Fred Smoot who's been benched in Minny twice in both years he's been there? Hmm, for all of Henry's faults, I'll take him any day and twice on Sundays.