Patrick Crayton

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
He's been MIA for a couple weeks... anyone know where he disappeared to?

Miles austin or hurd when he is healthy are gonna take his #2 spot before long if he keeps this up...

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
No kidding, you would have thought he would have ONE reception with them keying in on TO.

But on the other hand, they were loading up on the pass practically on every play and we just ran it down their throat.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Don't dismiss Crayton please. He's no number 2 but he's very valuable to this team as a 3rd guy. Their will be teams that he will eat alive, just be happy we have Austin.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
He had one drop, that is the only time I remember seeing him the entire night.

That is the beauty of this offense, we have such great play calling and a pretty darn good QB, that you can almost plug in different guys and hurt a team.

Patrick Crayton is going to have his day, he is a pretty good receiver. But fortunately, we didn't need him to have a big day receiving.

aquavita

Reaction score
ajk23az;2276732 said:
But on the other hand, they were loading up on the pass practically on every play and we just ran it down their throat.

This is the correct response. The GB defense was playing for the pass the entire night. Both TO and Crayton were well-covered.

sbark

Reaction score
Must have put in a full def. game plan for Crayton.......:D

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Da Hammer;2276721 said:

Miles austin or hurd when he is healthy are gonna take his #2 spot before long if he keeps this up...

He'll be fine!!:)

dre1614

Reaction score
Showed good arm strength on that pass. Too bad he threw it in double coverage lol.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dre1614;2276812 said:
Showed good arm strength on that pass. Too bad he threw it in double coverage lol.

His arm strength impressed me too. If TO had come down with that pass in double coverage I would've jump through my roof. TO sorta pouted all game, but he needs to realize that the more weapons we have, the better.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
dre1614;2276812 said:
yea like i said in the game thread that was not a good decision to throw it. that should have been picked luckily it wasnt!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
aquavita;2276763 said:
This is the correct response. The GB defense was playing for the pass the entire night. Both TO and Crayton were well-covered.

Exactly. And the coverage they drew is what allowed Witten and Austin to get a lot of one on one match ups.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2276828 said:
TO sorta pouted all game, but he needs to realize that the more weapons we have, the better.

i dont think he was pouting...i think he was upset with himself for the drops...end of the game he was all smiles....

Aikbach

Reaction score
Occasionally he turns in some career days, just wait until Dallas plays the Rams, he humiliated them last year.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2276721 said:

Don't be surprised, if you track his career on a game to game basis, you'll see that he often has a good game only to disappear for the next two or three.

I'm not really dumping on the guy, cause I think he's a decent receiver, but I think he's much better suited as the #3 than #2.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Aikbach;2276952 said:
Occasionally he turns in some career days, just wait until Dallas plays the Rams, he humiliated them last year.
haha i think our entire team will humiliate the Rams and pad their stats this year! seriously i will be shocked and disappointed if we dont score 40 plus by the 3rd

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Da Hammer;2276721 said:

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v22/pfjunkie/Football/MilkCarton.jpg

roughneck266

Reaction score
Da Hammer;2276721 said:

On the sidline greasing his hands.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hailmary;2276970 said:
I think he's a decent receiver, but I think he's much better suited as the #3 than #2.
That is likely the opinion of most who follow the Cowboys. Nice to see Austin make a successful return from his injury and hopefully grow more into a #2 role so we can slide Crayton back inside.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Da Hammer;2276721 said:

I dunno Hammer but there seems to be something in the air.
Like maybe Jerra enjoying all "his" discoveries like Austin, Hurd, Stanback. Seems like he is gonna showcase them one by one. So Crayton might be, from time to time, just looking on. But look for Austin to get lots more snaps from now on.

Or maybe it's just the Big Red talking.