Patrick Mahomes and his bad sportsmanship

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Very cringy complaining to Allen about the call and screaming at officials. The call was right. Get over it. Definitely lost some cool points with me. I couldn't see Dak doing that in a million years. Dak is a leader. Mahomes not so much.

Nav22

Reaction score
Very cringy complaining to Allen about the call and screaming at officials. The call was right. Get over it. Definitely lost some cool points with me. I couldn't see Dak doing that in a million years. Dak is a leader. Mahomes not so much.
Now I love Dak, but to be fair, Dak did say "credit to them" when he was told the fans were throwing crap at the refs after the 2021 WC playoff loss vs San Francisco.

I think he apologized later.

These guys are hyper-competitive and sometimes that spills over postgame.

It was odd that Mahomes was complaining about it to Josh Allen right after the game... maybe Pat's way of letting Josh know, "You know you didn't deserve this one" in case they meet up again.

In any event, I'll always have a soft spot for Mahomes - he singlehandedly kept the 49ers from winning their 6th SB and the Eagles from winning their 2nd!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cowboys fans shouldn’t be knocking anyone for screaming at the officials the way this fan base cries over officiating. lol There’s many calls that have gone against the Cowboys that a lot of fans still haven’t gotten over. A majority of fans here don’t even know the rules. If a call goes against the Cowboys they make up their own rules.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I get being upset in the moment, it was at the press conference it just felt he was coming off as a bit of a doosh. He's basically saying they shouldn't have called it because it was a cool play, c'mon man, comes off as being very entitled. If he should be mad at anybody he should be mad at his teammate. It wasn't like he was even trying to make the case that he wasn't offsides, he was by a lot, it wasn't like he had a toe on the line. The refs have even come come out and said they will help the WRs to line up if they they look over for some guidance, they don't do that for defenders, but the catch is the WR has to look for the help. Don't expect the refs to stop play to make sure your guys are lined up correctly or just let it go when the player can't even be bothered to check.

It just comes across as whiney when your guy screws up and expect the ref to not call it. I hope Mahomes saved some of that anger for his teammate, he's the one that deserves the hate.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
He was used to being babied by the refs, and equal treatment seems unfair when you have been a ref darling, thus his anger.

With the good work of Cowboys fans leading the way in calling out the NFLs officials it got most of the rest of the league's fans to notice this crap as well. The Eye of Sauron then looked at both the KC and Philly ref crews who had no choice but to call the games fairly, and gee whiz, both KC and Philly lost.

Good work Cowboys Nation. We spearheaded the recent change to fairness by the refs because no team has been screwed over more in its history by the refs than the Cowboys. We called it out despite the gas lighters and now change has been made immediately.

John813

Reaction score
I get him being upset after the call, but the fact him and Reid kept on going post game during handshakes, interviews and the next day is just ridiculous.

The refs have had some bad calls/no calls, they are human and have limited angles at times, but that was a clear as day offsides. And their main point of complaint is that there was a lucky lateral for a TD. If there was an INT, I'm sure they wouldn't be going crazy and instead complain that the play had been blown dead right away.

1942willys

Reaction score
poor sportsmanship but not a big deal. But the refs are so bad anymore that complaining about them is getting to be a habit for everyone.
Toney was a complete idiot on that no doubt; he has had a number of bonehead plays. Frankly I do not see why they keep him.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
This call cost Dallas the game against GB last year fwiw.

Wasn’t as dramatic but it happened on a 2nd and 2 in overtime

And that was before the emphasis that occurred this year

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The NFL better be careful and not get Taylor Swift mad, she'll write a song about them and get her Swiftie Army all riled up...... :muttley:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
He apologized for it. It' and emotional game and he was swept up in the moment.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It happened to the Dallas offense. Pretty sure last year, Jalen Tolbert lined up offsides and they called it. I'm sure Dallas fans were pissed, but it wasn't remotely close to the level of entitled meltdown coming from the Chiefs and their fanbase.
It's awesome to see.

I would give mahome-slice a break if he just crybabied on the field, but after the game?

Not only that, it's like they completely dismiss that the game wasn't over eve if they didn't call the penalty.