Patrick Peterson

_sturt_

Reaction score
I'd go get Patterson with a #1 if I thought he was the difference between 9-7 and scraping to get into the playoffs versus being a legit SB contender.

I'm not sure how many people would agree with that though.

John813

Reaction score
Can Awuzie play the slot?

I like him, but I feel corner isn't a desperate need, compared to WR or safety.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Just dreaming, if you make that move, Awuzie ends up competing with Xavier at safety after all, I would guess. That would be one incredible defense.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Start him at safety next to woods...DONE DEAL. The cost would be 2 first rounders I imagine. NO WAY WOULD I DO THAT. It would have to be reasonable.

KingRah

Reaction score
He'd also help our return game
Yeah I’d take him but not for a 1st. We need a receiver more. I’m wondering how long can we keep these linebackers and d linemen together? We need to get a receiver this year and try to win it. We can win the chop with a better passing game.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
WOW Peterson has a pretty dang favorable contract with 3 years remaining. 28 years old and has never missed a game

Wow is right. $11 million next year, $12 million in 2020, with virtually zero guarantees (if I'm reading it right, it's like $2 million in guarantees total). Richard Sherman signed a similar deal this last offseason (like $12 million a year IIRC with nothing guaranteed), and Peterson is 50x the player that Sherman is right now.

I normally hate these "hey, we should trade for a veteran!" threads because the combo of draft compensation + taking on a big contract is such a killer. But in this case, a draft pick could buy us an All-Pro corner at wayyy cheaper than Peterson would ever sign for on the market in 2018.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Wow is right. $11 million next year, $12 million in 2020, with virtually zero guarantees (if I'm reading it right, it's like $2 million in guarantees total). Richard Sherman signed a similar deal this last offseason (like $12 million a year IIRC with nothing guaranteed), and Peterson is 50x the player that Sherman is right now.

I normally hate these "hey, we should trade for a veteran!" threads because the combo of draft compensation + taking on a big contract is such a killer. But in this case, a draft pick could buy us an All-Pro corner at wayyy cheaper than Peterson would ever sign for on the market in 2018.

I was shoecked when I looked it up. What a steal

KingRah

Reaction score

I think this defense is elite and with him, we’d be scary. I’d only trade for him if we also trade ft a receiver. We could win it this year with a number 1 w r