Patrick Peterson

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
And you are certain those players will be available where Dallas will draft in two years? My thinking is with the money this team has, take a shot at assembling a team that can win.

The last twenty years surely haven't done squat and for the most part Jerry and company have played it safe except for a few times.

Your thinking would make this team worse than it already is. We've been drafting well finally the past few years. But yeah let's throw a bunch of first rounders away for a JG led team.

We aren't winning it all the next few years bud..hate to break it to ya. Sit back and relax..it's gonna be awhile.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Patriots pick up good veteran players for 4th round and later picks. We give up everything for JAG receivers. Just unbelievable.

Might as well trade for PP, it's not like keeping those picks is going to lead to a SB with the Jones family in charge.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
And you are certain those players will be available where Dallas will draft in two years? My thinking is with the money this team has, take a shot at assembling a team that can win.

The last twenty years surely haven't done squat and for the most part Jerry and company have played it safe except for a few times.

No I’m not certain. But I see quite a few holes on this team. Peterson would complete the defense (especially if he could play FS, for which his skills seem ideally suited). But even with the addition of Coop, I think we need a lot of help on O. Peterson would cost us our most valuable resource in terms of getting that help. Which would leave us stuck in the same position we’ve faced since about 2013, but in reverse: with most of our resources invested on one side of the ball (this time D) but serious problems (including, most threateningly at LT and QB) to solve on the other side of the ball.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Or they just have a realistic outlook about the team where adding a top flight CB doesn't make Garrett smarter, Linehan more effective, Dak better, etc.

I'd love for Peterson to be a Cowboy. But to have to trade more top picks just to watch him play for a team that will be held by their coach and possibly QB?

No thanks. If you were telling me Cooper and Peterson would be playing for a new coaching staff? Well then, maybe I'd be more open to all of this.

Bingo.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha

Yes, you got the plan right bud?

Let's trade all our first round picks for guys in their prime now.

With this coaching staff we could have all pros at every position and we wouldn't win it all with Dak and JG around leading the team.

Dumb.

You assume Jerry will not fire Garrett. Or that Jerry will not see what stud QB is on the market this off season.

Frankly if it were me, I would deal with Arizona. Peterson is a difference maker.

Then in the off season check out ET and see if he has sufficiently recovered. If so, then I would sign him and look for a offensive tackle, keeping an eye on FredBeard and his progress.

I have seen twenty years of Jerry floundering. There is enough money to be a player and pick up premiere pieces for the bold. We've tried the other way for a long time.

I will not live forever, and from the looks of things, forever may be when the next championship comes to Dallas.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Your thinking would make this team worse than it already is. We've been drafting well finally the past few years. But yeah let's throw a bunch of first rounders away for a JG led team.

We aren't winning it all the next few years bud..hate to break it to ya. Sit back and relax..it's gonna be awhile.

Speculation at best on your part. Opinion no matter what. Thanks. I have one myself.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
You assume Jerry will not fire Garrett. Or that Jerry will not see what stud QB is on the market this off season.

Frankly if it were me, I would deal with Arizona. Peterson is a difference maker.

Then in the off season check out ET and see if he has sufficiently recovered. If so, then I would sign him and look for a offensive tackle, keeping an eye on FredBeard and his progress.

I have seen twenty years of Jerry floundering. There is enough money to be a player and pick up premiere pieces for the bold. We've tried the other way for a long time.

I will not live forever, and from the looks of things, forever may be when the next championship comes to Dallas.

Frankly..it's not you. It's Jerry. And Stephen.

And that's why JG is still here and Dak is looked at as a "franchise" qb.

Morons.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Speculation at best on your part. Opinion no matter what. Thanks. I have one myself.

Then give it. And when others give theirs try not to sound like a condescending prick next time.

Especially when yours are dumb. :)

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I wonder if this front office still thinks Claiborne is better than Patrick Peterson?

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Why not get Karl Joseph from the Raiders. We need a safety and the Raiders are trying to load up on picks.

Reaction score
We still have a 2nd and 3rd plus picks in 2019. If you are going to be desperate and make bad moves, go all in on it lol

The Chiefs need to make a deal with Arizona, they actually have a shot if they can improve that defense.
The Chiefs are a perfect fit for Peterson. However, he supposedly wants the go to the Saints, who also makes sense.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Cornerback is probably the bottom two on my list of concerns with this team.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
For a CB we don't need?

Everyone has opinions. A proven ball hawk. Yes this team needs him. And again, I would be watching ET's progress closely this off season.

I hear it all the time. Defense wins championships. This team doesn't draft well enough to pass on perhaps a potential HOF corner.