Patriots | Belichick feels some prospects have lack of exposure

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:30:20 -0700

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said Wednesday, April 19, that the one thing that stands out to him about the 2006 NFL Draft is the lack of history on some of the top prospects. Belichick said he feels there are more one-year or half-year starters that are coming out early. "There are more guys who have less production, less history - particularly early with some of the higher-rated players," Belichick said. "They just haven't had the opportunity, for one reason or another, to perform as much or as long as historically what you would see in other drafts relative to those grade levels. But we're all working on the same (players)."

Eddie

Reaction score
Not sure what big Bill B is complaining about, but it's not like the Pats are at a disadvantage. All teams are facing the same problems with juniors coming out early who have only played a full season.

It's the same year after year ... nothing new this year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Teams should have concerns on guys like Cromartie and even Wimbley who are physical specimens, but don't have a lot of production.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
Teams should have concerns on guys like Cromartie and even Wimbley who are physical specimens, but don't have a lot of production.
Wimbley scares the hell out of me. Where is the production? In the 2nd I'd be ok, but not at 18.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Eddie said:
Not sure what big Bill B is complaining about, but it's not like the Pats are at a disadvantage. All teams are facing the same problems with juniors coming out early who have only played a full season.

It seems more that you've got guys who are hard to evaluate -- Cromartie is the main one I see but Marshall and Whitner also come to mind. Talented -- very. Can they produce? Who knows.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Eddie said:

If you read this closely, he is not complaining, however, coming from "the happy man", I can understand your post. ;)

He said;

"But we're all working on the same (players)."

and you think that is complaining?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I was just thinking about Charlie Whitehurst and our reported interest in him.

The guy is the son of a former NFL QB and has been a starter for the past 4 years. That kind of background should help him.

I stil like Henson, but we can't assume he is the guy we need for the future. We should have been drafting a QB at least every other year since Aikman started going downhill. You never know when you'll hit a jackpot like the Pats did with Brady.

DiscipleofTuna

Reaction score
Cromartie has been very productive when on the field. Granted there is a limited sample size but there is a reason teams are looking at him in one.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Eddie said:

That would be little Bill..... :lmao2:

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
He does have a legitimate complaint. Rosenhaus did such a great job pimping Mcgahee into a first rounder that players no longer feel they need to "prove" their ability to play after injury.

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
He does have a legitimate complaint. Rosenhaus did such a great job pimping Mcgahee into a first rounder that players no longer feel they need to "prove" their ability to play after injury.
I'll have to respectfully disagree with not needing to prove they can play after
an injury in Cromartie's situation. Cro KNOWS he has a lot to prove, and has
been working hard for months to get ready. His decision to come out was not
an easy one. He comes from an extremely difficult background and wants to
provide for his family.

Little Jr

Reaction score
5Stars said:
If you read this closely, he is not complaining, however, coming from "the happy man", I can understand your post. ;)

Funny but true.