patriots/giants

Mavs

Reaction score
I watched the entire game too (even though I had to get up at 2am since I'm in Germany...) and am appalled...how did the Giants blow it again? Sheesh.

I've noticed tons of calls going the Pats' way too, but holding? Haven't paid much attention to that.

Did anyone else think that defensive pass interference on the Giants LB in the endzone against Randy Moss was ridiculous? That was great coverage, shielding Moss with his own body and putting his arms up to deny the ball. :banghead:

The NFL is fixed these days...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
lane;1864586 said:
please don't compare tom brady to joe montana...........ever.

yes...troy was a mixture of a great o- line play with a deadly mike irvin and emmitt smith running behind a man they call moose.

a little jay novacek mixed in for good measure.

if tom brady would have taken a quarter of the shots that troy took his first three years in the league he was thrown to the wolves .....he would be in a freakin body cast.

Drop Troy Aikman on the 2001 New England Patriots and Put Brady on the 1992 Cowboys and lets have that discussion on who wins more Super Bowls!

You can hate the Pats and try and put down Brady's accomplishments. But it is a silly and a baseless argument.

Aikman proved early and late in his career he could not carry a team with average talent. Yet Brady was winning Superbowls with Antoine Smith at RB and no name WR's.

Now that he has weapons at WR's he throws 50 TD's. Aikman I don't think ever had 25.

Both Hall of Famers, clearly.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Mavs;1864735 said:
I watched the entire game too (even though I had to get up at 2am since I'm in Germany...) and am appalled...how did the Giants blow it again? Sheesh.

I've noticed tons of calls going the Pats' way too, but holding? Haven't paid much attention to that.

Did anyone else think that defensive pass interference on the Giants LB in the endzone against Randy Moss was ridiculous? That was great coverage, shielding Moss with his own body and putting his arms up to deny the ball. :banghead:

The NBA is fixed these days...

Stupid Celtics!

Mavs - I feel your pain - :p:

Mavs

Reaction score
Nors;1864794 said:
Drop Troy Aikman on the 2001 New England Patriots and Put Brady on the 1992 Cowboys and lets have that discussion on who wins more Super Bowls!

You can hate the Pats and try and put down Brady's accomplishments. But it is a silly and a baseless argument.

Aikman proved early and late in his career he could not carry a team with average talent. Yet Brady was winning Superbowls with Antoine Smith at RB and no name WR's.

Now that he has weapons at WR's he throws 50 TD's. Aikman I don't think ever had 25.

Both Hall of Famers, clearly.

Granted, I wasn't really around to enjoy the Aikman era so I can't say too much about him. Still, all of Brady's Super Bowls have come while playing with a magnificent defense. His job was to manage the game. Much like Troy Aikman had to do because of the Cowboys running game, no?

Take Randy Moss and Wes Welker off of this year's Patriots and Brady doesn't even get to 30 passing TD's...sorry. heck, maybe Randy Moss alone would do. Welker's pretty damned good though...