patriots/giants

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Pats still have 2 games to go to get to the house, so do we. They gambled tonight for a record that will mean nothing if they don't make and win the SB.

Tomorrow, I would not take that chance with our guys. Cowboys are a Super Bowl franchise and so things in the regular season doesn't mean a thing if you don't win the big one.

If they win it all, I shall give them their props, and then I'll beg and plead for Jones to bring in a Moss type player or 2 to take us to that level. (1-800-get-moss :))

Woods

Reaction score
ghosttown cowboy;1864290 said:
I just want the pats to get called for one holding call this year.

Those guys NEVER get called for holding on the OL!!!!

The Panch

Reaction score
Gangsta Spanksta;1864283 said:
I disagree. I think Romo does good against the Colts.
The Colts present a much tougher challenge with their pass O and pass D. The reason I give the Colts the edge with their pass game is cause they have more play making weapons than we have play stopping DBs. Moss is the only "Wow" guy on the Pats O while the Colts have Wayne and now Harrison who together present a much tougher challenge than Moss/Stallworth. The Pats have the inside edge with Welker over Clark, but not by a whole lot. We'd probably do better against the Colts run game, but I dont trust Reeves against a Gonzales like fellow. And Bob Sanders does a better job against the run than the entire Patriots linebackers.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Clove;1864272 said:
It's funny how when we give up 35 points, we're sorry, but you will never hear anyone complain that they give up points.

That's because the focus is on the undefeated season.

I think the Colts and the Cowboys should take hope from this game. Eli is not the quarterback Peyton and Romo are. And I doubt Bob Sanders or Ken Hamlin let Randy Moss run wide open late in the game.

Brady is the key, but if the Cowboys get to the Super Bowl and have to play the Pats, I'm encouraged that the outcome won't be as most experts would assume.

juck

Reaction score
Jags are gonna beat them.or colts.or san diego,they are due they had too many close ones like us and we got ours with philly.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Panch;1864298 said:
The Colts present a much tougher challenge with their pass O and pass D. The reason I give the Colts the edge with their pass game is cause they have more play making weapons than we have play stopping DBs. Moss is the only "Wow" guy on the Pats O while the Colts have Wayne and now Harrison who together present a much tougher challenge than Moss/Stallworth. The Pats have the inside edge with Welker over Clark, but not by a whole lot. We'd probably do better against the Colts run game, but I dont trust Reeves against a Gonzales like fellow. And Bob Sanders does a better job against the run than the entire Patriots linebackers.

You're forgetting Anthony Gonzalez. He's come a long way as a receiver and would be an excellent slot receiver/3rd receiver should Harrison return.

The Panch

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1864308 said:
You're forgetting Anthony Gonzalez. He's come a long way as a receiver and would be an excellent slot receiver/3rd receiver should Harrison return.
I said Gonzalez.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Hostile;1864142 said:
I'll bet money it comes out that Toomer spit on Merriweather.

I don't think Toomer did anything...they called it a late hit out of bounds after the play...in the replay, Merriweather was backing up and simply fell down...Toomer was standing there, doing nothing and someone thought he got in a shove...I think it was a fantom call.

That said, the refs were correct not to call a late hit on Merriweather...The returner had never gotten a foot down out of bounds, and I'm sure the whistle hadn't blown.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
ghosttown cowboy;1864290 said:
I just want the pats to get called for one holding call this year.

so very true...

how did you like the way they awarded brady with the timeout when the playclock expired by 2 seconds.:bang2:

khiladi

Reaction score
lane;1864387 said:
so very true...

how did you like the way they awarded brady with the timeout when the playclock expired by 2 seconds.:bang2:

It happened twice. How do you like the pass interference against Wilkinson when he didn't even touch Moss. What about the non-existent hold-call by the Giants CB in the first quarter where the Giants blitzed and sacked Tom Brady for a loss on the 3rd and long.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
khiladi;1864400 said:
It happened twice. How do you like the pass interference against Wilkinson when he didn't even touch Moss. What about the non-existent hold-call by the Giants CB in the first quarter where the Giants blitzed and sacked Tom Brady for a loss on the 3rd and long.

here is what i thought of that...:bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2:

i want so very bad to see the jags or colts stomp these punks.

however...........the laundry will fly.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
lane;1864370 said:
damn...you really are a pats fan.

Actually I was dead wrong thinking Bledsoe was better than Brady back in the Day.

You don't think Brady is a great QB? Just calling it like it is.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Nors;1864436 said:
Actually I was dead wrong thinking Bledsoe was better than Brady back in the Day.

You don't think Brady is a great QB? Just calling it like it is.

i think the offensive line are the ones that are great.

brady is good...no doubt.

he is not as good as the media would like you to believe.

i was just commenting on how you are truly a pats fan.

just calling it like i see it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
lane;1864445 said:
i think the offensive line are the ones that are great.

brady is good...no doubt.

he is not as good as the media would like you to believe.

i was just commenting on how you are truly a pats fan.

just calling it like i see it.

So was Aikman a great quarterback or was he a product of the offensive line also? :confused:

Don't let your hatred for the Pats blind you. Brady is a great quarterback. You don't throw for 50 TD passes with 8 interceptions, win two Super Bowl MVPs with mediocre talent at wide receiver and win three Super Bowl rings just being an average quarterback.

And he's about to win the league MVP.

Yes, he is Montana esque, or maybe you forgot the comebacks against the Ravens, Eagles, Colts and now Giants.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1864538 said:
So was Aikman a great quarterback or was he a product of the offensive line also? :confused:

Don't let your hatred for the Pats blind you. Brady is a great quarterback. You don't throw for 50 TD passes with 8 interceptions, win two Super Bowl MVPs with mediocre talent at wide receiver and win three Super Bowl rings just being an average quarterback.

And he's about to win the league MVP.

Yes, he is Montana esque, or maybe you forgot the comebacks against the Ravens, Eagles, Colts and now Giants.

please don't compare tom brady to joe montana...........ever.

yes...troy was a mixture of a great o- line play with a deadly mike irvin and emmitt smith running behind a man they call moose.

a little jay novacek mixed in for good measure.

if tom brady would have taken a quarter of the shots that troy took his first three years in the league he was thrown to the wolves .....he would be in a freakin body cast.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I watched the game at my in-laws and it was hilarious.

Best comments -

My MIL - "Now I see why they're called offensive tackles."

My SIL to her husband "That's like that Madden game you play when you turn off the penalties, but for only one team."

A cousin's boyfriend (a police officer) on Wilfork - "He'd be screaming "Don't tase me bro" if I saw him do that to someone in my jurisdiction."