Patriots offering Brady $30 Million

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Great Wince has no playoff victories and over 150 million in the bank. Yes Jerry should.

If Dak would sign for Wentz money, we would probably already have a deal. He's certainly not worth more than Wentz or Goff..,........his number is reported to be 40 million which is absurd.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If Dak would sign for Wentz money, we would probably already have a deal. He's certainly not worth more than Wentz or Goff..,........his number is reported to be 40 million which is absurd.
It’s all about the new CBA, 40 million will look like 35 million when that is completed. Zeke and Tanks deals will be bargains as well.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s all about the new CBA, 40 million will look like 35 million when that is completed. Zeke and Tanks deals will be bargains as well.

Sure, but we have other positions to pay and a lot of improving to do. We've seen the team with a healthy Dak, Zeke, and Coop. It was 8-8. Why pay more? The team is poorly constructed and needs all the cap dollars it can find. Sure, some of the problem was coaching but a lot of it is also about the talent we have or lack of talent at key positions that need to be addressed or its going to be more garbage time fireworks from Dak and company.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yea, at this point you are DEFIANTLY paying for the name and history.

It should also be noted Brady best weapon was a 33 year old Edelman and that wasn't enough. The patriots did a terrible job surrounding Brady with a supporting cast particularly with Gronk retiring. I'd LOVE to see Brady behind this OL with Zeke and Coop and Gallup.......

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Sure, but we have other positions to pay and a lot of improving to do. We've seen the team with a healthy Dak, Zeke, and Coop. It was 8-8. Why pay more? The team is poorly constructed and needs all the cap dollars it can find. Sure, some of the problem was coaching but a lot of it is also about the talent we have or lack of talent at key positions that need to be addressed or its going to be more garbage time fireworks from Dak and company.
I think that is the issue, the team has so many cap dollars because they didn’t go out and pay for free agents. With Dak and Zeke on rookie deals in 2018, we could have spent some money improving the secondary and defensive line.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that is the issue, the team has so many cap dollars because they didn’t go out and pay for free agents. With Dak and Zeke on rookie deals in 2018, we could have spent some money improving the secondary and defensive line.

You refer to the cowboy bubble that the team lives in. The "we like our guys". mentality. I'm hoping MM is better talent evaluator and can coach up some guys ala Parcels. Greg Ellis and Flozell Adams never sniffed a pro bowl before Parcels arrived and lit fires under them. We need MM to be that kind of coach b/c he can't go out year 1 and remake the whole team.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It should also be noted Brady best weapon was a 33 year old Edelman and that wasn't enough. The patriots did a terrible job surrounding Brady with a supporting cast particularly with Gronk retiring. I'd LOVE to see Brady behind this OL with Zeke and Coop and Gallup.......
brady used to be able to make anyone they put there at least serviceable. those days are gone. to be sure he's the GOAT. but i like the kind that go out before being pushed out.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
brady used to be able to make anyone they put there at least serviceable. those days are gone. to be sure he's the GOAT. but i like the kind that go out before being pushed out.

"Anyone" is a exaggeration. Yeah, he's not as good but he doesn't have to be. Peyton guided Denver to a super bowl with a noodle for an arm. Brady can still sling it but they got to get him some guys who can get some separation.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You refer to the cowboy bubble that the team lives in. The "we like our guys". mentality. I'm hoping MM is better talent evaluator and can coach up some guys ala Parcels. Greg Ellis and Flozell Adams never sniffed a pro bowl before Parcels arrived and lit fires under them. We need MM to be that kind of coach b/c he can't go out year 1 and remake the whole team.
I just want them to pay for a true 3 tech and 1 tech defensive tackle to free up VanJaylon. It would do wonders for our front four.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if he didn't scoop up that offer. It would be way simpler for Brady to stay in the system he's played in for years. Imagine learning a whole new system at age 43 (or however old he is now).

Hadenough

Reaction score
The Great Wince has no playoff victories and over 150 million in the bank. Yes Jerry should.
When you look around at these QBs it's never worked out paying big money to these QBs. Why make a mistake that others make.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
When you look around at these QBs it's never worked out paying big money to these QBs. Why make a mistake that others make.
I think you only pay franchise quarterbacks like Mahomes, Wilson, and Rogers big money because they have proven their metal. The quarterbacks like Dak, Wentz, and Goff would have to show more consistency. I would franchise Dak and make him sign below market fair deal. He should take a Wentz deal it is fair. If he says no, I would trade him for first and start scouting quarterbacks. Nothing personal but we have a good look offensive line, good receivers, and a good running game. Eason or Love should be able to function with this offense. Make Zeke and Amari earn their contracts.

Flamma

Reaction score
Wouldn't feel right seeing Brady in any other uniform, probably how many 49er fans felt about Montana being in a Chiefs uniform. Hopefully Brady stays, which I think he will.

Montana goes to KC for two years and they go to their first ever AFC Championship game.