News: Pats looking to trade Kony Ealy

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This kid was actually starting for the Panthers two years ago......

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9389/kony-ealy

Kony Ealy - DL - Patriots
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Patriots have "gauged" the trade market for DE Kony Ealy.

New England acquired Ealy from the Panthers over the offseason, swapping a second-rounder for Ealy and a third-rounder. Ealy was struggling early in camp, working mostly with the backups, but Pelissero reports he's "started to settle in lately." He needs to put out some good film the next two weeks.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Aug 25 - 9:37 AM

Year
Tackles Sacks Interceptions Fumb Misc KO Ret Punt Ret
Year Team G Solo Ast Total Sack Yds Yd/Sk Int Yds IntTD Rec TD Frcd Pass D Sfty Yds TD Yds TD
2014 CAR 15 8 4 12 4.0 33 8.3 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
2015 CAR 16 15 17 32 5.0 30 6.0 0 0 0 2 0 3 2 0 0 0 0 0
2016 CAR 16 19 13 32 5.0 23 4.6 1 7 0 0 0 2 3 0 0 0 0

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
Traded from panthers to patriots. And now the patriots want him gone... As Mickey always says " if he's so good, why is he being traded?"

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Traded from panthers to patriots. And now the patriots want him gone... As Mickey always says " if he's so good, why is he being traded?"

That's my gut reaction, but he was a 2nd rd pick, has had production in the NFL and still young and healthy. It's worth taking a flyer on him for a 6th or 7th round pick. It's not like he would be a "progress stopper."

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'll take him for a 7th rounder.

I wouldn't take him for pocket lint in trade. The guys is not a quality player and isn't going to morph into one. Best if I would do is sign him as a FA for the minimum salary just in case of injury I can have a body there to fill the hole.

Sydla

Reaction score
I wouldn't take him for pocket lint in trade. The guys is not a quality player and isn't going to morph into one. Best if I would do is sign him as a FA for the minimum salary just in case of injury I can have a body there to fill the hole.

7th rounder is nothing. Plus we might have a few this draft anyway.

With our suspension issues, I'd take a flier on him for a 7th and if he sucks, he sucks and you dump him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
7th rounder is nothing. Plus we might have a few this draft anyway.

With our suspension issues, I'd take a flier on him for a 7th and if he sucks, he sucks and you dump him.

Does anybody ever win when trading with the Patriots?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For a trade no. He isnt an upgrade over anything we have.

As a cut maybe, but even then Im not to excited about him

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
For a trade no. He isnt an upgrade over anything we have.

As a cut maybe, but even then Im not to excited about him

I'm not excited about him either-- but he is a young vet that may be able to help us get through all the suspensions and provide some depth. Rod loves to use a rotation, maybe he could find a role?

Not a good sign that NE is ditching him 5 months after trading for him-- but then again, maybe he's a bad scheme fit for their D? I agree-- I would be nervous about trading for him. Kicking the tires on him if he's cut may be a decent option though.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not excited about him either-- but he is a young vet that may be able to help us get through all the suspensions and provide some depth. Rod loves to use a rotation, maybe he could find a role?

Not a good sign that NE is ditching him 5 months after trading for him-- but then again, maybe he's a bad scheme fit for their D? I agree-- I would be nervous about trading for him. Kicking the tires on him if he's cut may be a decent option though.
Could be. Marinelli did like him in 2014

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yes..... if he gets to us

He only has to be better than DMoore or Lenny Jones

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I've always thought he was better than DeMarcus Lawrence, even going back to the 2014 Draft. Plus, he can actually stay on the field. But...he's a LDE and seems like we already have enough of those