Pats vs. Ravens Game Thread

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
thekavorka;1810588 said:
that's not why the mavs lost.

the mavs lost because the golden state is the better team in the matchup.

and new england will lose because jacksonville is the better team in the matchup.

If you watched the Mavs last year heading into the playoffs, you could tell they were gased. The run for 70 really took it's toll on them. GS was a bad match up, but also...they were tired...oh, and B davis could hit shots no matter where he was...heck, I swear, I think I saw him bounce some of his horse grill acouple times..........

Anyways...back to the Pats....this has to be emotionally draining on a team. Sure they can say all they want about it no meaning nothing to them....but it does...they want the record. But in the end, they have their eye on the wrong prize...and they'll go down in the playoffs.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
numnuts23;1810612 said:
If you watched the Mavs last year heading into the playoffs, you could tell they were gased. The run for 70 really took it's toll on them. GS was a bad match up, but also...they were tired...oh, and B davis could hit shots no matter where he was...heck, I swear, I think I saw him bounce some of his horse grill acouple times..........

Anyways...back to the Pats....this has to be emotionally draining on a team. Sure they can say all they want about it no meaning nothing to them....but it does...they want the record. But in the end, they have their eye on the wrong prize...and they'll go down in the playoffs.

please please please let this short week affect them. i know they are playing at home against steelers, but hope to god that the weather is bad. we know steelers can still pull a win on a horrible turf....somehow

thekavorka

Reaction score
numnuts23;1810612 said:

the mavs starters did sit out a couple of games near the end. they didn't seem tired me.

the reason the mavs lost was simply because they couldn't get easy baskets down low to take advantage of the warriors lack of height. moreover, the mavs were just awful on perimeter defense. you could say that's a result of them being tired, but i dont think so.

if the two teams played again with the same teams, and both teams fully rested, i still think the warriors would win.

of course, this is off topic.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
VietCowboy;1810617 said:
please please please let this short week affect them. i know they are playing at home against steelers, but hope to god that the weather is bad. we know steelers can still pull a win on a horrible turf....somehow

Well as of right now...it's suppose to be 34/35 and partly cloudy. BUT, there is rain for Monday and Tuesday...

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
thekavorka;1810619 said:
the mavs starters did sit out a couple of games near the end. they didn't seem tired me.

the reason the mavs lost was simply because they couldn't get easy baskets down low to take advantage of the warriors lack of height. moreover, the mavs were just awful on perimeter defense. you could say that's a result of them being tired, but i dont think so.

if the two teams played again with the same teams, and both teams fully rested, i still think the warriors would win.

When you're letting the opposing team hit 50-60% of their shots, 9 times out of 10 you will lose.

VietCowboy

Reaction score
well, i just looked at the weather report for foxboro....20% chance of rain, 10 mph winds, 37 high. suppose to rain a little on monday (47 high though). i hope it comes a day earlier

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
thekavorka;1810619 said:

I think it was a combo of both Mavs being tired and honestly GS hitting everything they threw up. Have you ever seen that many shots fall in one series. You realize they made TWO 1/2 court shots in that series alone. On top of all the acrobatic falling down crap they were making. The Mavs hit a team on fire, w/ tired legs. That equals a loss in the series

VietCowboy

Reaction score
numnuts23;1810623 said:
Well as of right now...it's suppose to be 34/35 and partly cloudy. BUT, there is rain for Monday and Tuesday...

beat me to it...

i've been rethinking it. i don't mind if they lose...because then they'll still have something to play for going into the giants game....seed#1! they play on saturday before colts play week 17, so they have to win against the giants to ensure HFA.

*edit, but the the pats need to lose 2 of the next 3, then have something to play for against giants. if not...okay, feel free to run the table patriots, but I hope your opponents give you a good thrashing along the way.