Pauline's draft notes

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Rayman70

Reaction score
I read his article but he never mentions Dallas. But if what he is saying holds, that could be great for Dallas because in his scenario with Atlanta, the olineman would slide down a bit. I also keep hearing Philly is hot after Nate Wiggins. That could mean we have a chance at a guy like Cooper DeJean at 24. I might take him or Darius Robinson over a olineman. But if Troy Fauntanu is there, Im taking him.

bdk76

Reaction score
I read his article but he never mentions Dallas. But if what he is saying holds, that could be great for Dallas because in his scenario with Atlanta, the olineman would slide down a bit. I also keep hearing Philly is hot after Nate Wiggins. That could mean we have a chance at a guy like Cooper DeJean at 24. I might take him or Darius Robinson over a olineman. But if Troy Fauntanu is there, Im taking him.
Easily two of my favorite players in this draft. Robinson is a dawg!

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I would love to draft DeJean. I really don't think they will, but they have been oddly quiet, so we have no idea.

Gambit

Reaction score
Darius Robinson is a guy I wouldn't be shocked if he was the pick. Any of the "F" tackles at 24 You have to pull that trigger though.

The trades before 24 will make this a very fun draft to watch.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I will never forget Pauline had Tyron to Dallas early in the draft process. The Cowboys seem to have plugged their drafting plan holes.
Over the years he has been one of the most reliable insiders with legitimate nfl sources. What he says usually takes place.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I would love to draft DeJean. I really don't think they will, but they have been oddly quiet, so we have no idea.
We need more playmakers on defense and he fits that bill.

Im one of the few that’d be ok with CB at 24 but if one of the best falls Id be in.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No it wasn’t Cowboy specific but it was relevant. Many are hoping for Murphy to fall, that doesn’t look realistic. Verse being the last pass rusher would interest many if he fell into our laps. By the way hearing Eagles actually want one of the top tackles not a corner

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We need more playmakers on defense and he fits that bill.

Im one of the few that’d be ok with CB at 24 but if one of the best falls Id be in.
Think he is more of a safety, but a lot like Woodson who Zimmer had here with the Cowboys. As a bpa, he would be a good selection. He is a lot like that Alabama player last year who went to the Lions and had a good rookie season

cnuball21

Reaction score
Think he is more of a safety, but a lot like Woodson who Zimmer had here with the Cowboys. As a bpa, he would be a good selection. He is a lot like that Alabama player last year who went to the Lions and had a good rookie season
I don’t know if Zimmer is more man or zone but Coop is probably more of a zone CB. I think he could stick there and give you looks at safety.

I’m a big fan.

Rayman70

Reaction score
To me, its foolish when I watch YT Dallas content that says Sam Williams will get double digit sacks. Darius Robinson can come in here and do that day 1. The kid is sound and plays with high football IQ and uses his power and speed the right way. I like him against the run way better than Verse. Verse gets washed out against the run. We need another DE that can play the run as well. Thats why I am a big fan that we have Greg Ellis to coach these ends on how to play. It was a great hire. Zimmer wants the bigger ends and Robinson fits the bill. Also, a later pick Id like is Jonah Ellis from Utah. He's a big DE that does everything well but just needs some coaching. When this draft season began, he was really high rated but Ive seen him fall way down the draft boards,not sure why. It might be his combine numbers. But when you put the tape on, hes doing his job. Hes a throw back to those old-school ends. Zimmer wants to run a 3-4 base and we need bigger dudes at the 3 and 5 tech to do that.. We dont ahve anyone right now.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Robinson doesn’t have the at
To me, it’s foolish when I watch YT Dallas content that says Sam Williams will get double digit sacks. Darius Robinson can come in here and do that day 1. The kid is sound and plays with high football IQ and uses his power and speed the right way. I like him against the run way better than Verse. Verse gets washed out against the run. We need another DE that can play the run as well. Thats why I am a big fan that we have Greg Ellis to coach these ends on how to play. It was a great hire. Zimmer wants the bigger ends and Robinson fits the bill. Also, a later pick Id like is Jonah Ellis from Utah. He's a big DE that does everything well but just needs some coaching. When this draft season began, he was really high rated but Ive seen him fall way down the draft boards,not sure why. It might be his combine numbers. But when you put the tape on, hes doing his job. Hes a throw back to those old-school ends. Zimmer wants to run a 3-4 base and we need bigger dudes at the 3 and 5 tech to do that.. We dont ahve anyone right now.
D Robinson isn’t athletic enough to play DE in the NFL…there are zero impact Edge rushers with similar athletic numbers.

He’s a tweener and those guys rarely hit. Best bet is bulking up and playing 3T IMO.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Robinson doesn’t have the at

D Robinson isn’t athletic enough to play DE in the NFL…there are zero impact Edge rushers with similar athletic numbers.

He’s a tweener and those guys rarely hit. Best bet is bulking up and playing 3T IMO.
interesting. I hadn't heard that.

cnuball21

Reaction score
interesting. I hadn't heard that.
Yea, just check out his testing numbers compared to others and it’s pretty bad. Honestly he’s kind of like a less athletic version of Crawford who we could never figure out a good role for.

He’d prolly be a good 3/4 DE but teams are so hybrid now not sure who that would be.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
No it wasn’t Cowboy specific but it was relevant. Many are hoping for Murphy to fall, that doesn’t look realistic. Verse being the last pass rusher would interest many if he fell into our laps. By the way hearing Eagles actually want one of the top tackles not a corner
I could see the Eagles taking one of those right tackles. It just seems like the Saints love giving Eagles high draft choices. I don’t think the Saints won one trade with them. :huh: :thumbdown:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I could see the Eagles taking one of those right tackles. It just seems like the Saints love giving Eagles high draft choices. I don’t think the Saints won one trade with them. :huh: :thumbdown:
Lane Johnson is starting to show his age, they might want to look towards the future.