Pauline's draft notes

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don’t know if Zimmer is more man or zone but Coop is probably more of a zone CB. I think he could stick there and give you looks at safety.

I’m a big fan.
Think he is more a nickel or safety then he is a corner, but it would be up to Zimmer to find his fit.

John813

Reaction score
He did nail Lve at the combine way before Dane and the Cowboy media heads

I'll always remember the athletic article and how fast the Cowboys just honed in on LVE.
Talent wise, they were right. Medicals? They lost that dice play.

Hardline

Reaction score
Easily two of my favorite players in this draft. Robinson is a dawg!
I don't watch Missouri football. How is he against the run?
I don't base my opinions on youtube highlights.

Aven8

Reaction score
Jayden Daniels is going to be a problem if he holds up. He’s very skinny so we will see

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jayden Daniels is going to be a problem if he holds up. He’s very skinny so we will see
the skinny-ish, smaller framed QB's that run don't have a great NFL shelf life. Hes got size, but is thin. He will have his growing pains like any other player. To me, Joe Milton has a greater upside, same tools, and bigger frame. I think he had elite receivers around him at LSU which really made him look better than he is. What will Daniels do when it falls on him? Thats what makes projecting QB's in the NFL very dicey. I am not enamored with any of the top tier QB's in this years draft. Rattler or Milton is worth a dart throw later and might be better than many of the early ones. I find it comical how NFL teams attach themselves to a QB early, then its sink or swim. The wrong QB gets coaches fired....and sets back teams for years. I think Washington will find a way to mess this up. Look at the Giants and the ramifications of them drafting the wrong QB with Daniel Jones, THEN resigning him to a huge mega deal, only to see he stinks. Now they are stuck with him and it will be why this current coach will likely get fired this ear unless they find one in the draft. It matters alot. Giants and Washington will have a great roster except at QB. Its crazy hard finding the right QB.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To me, its foolish when I watch YT Dallas content that says Sam Williams will get double digit sacks. Darius Robinson can come in here and do that day 1. The kid is sound and plays with high football IQ and uses his power and speed the right way. I like him against the run way better than Verse. Verse gets washed out against the run. We need another DE that can play the run as well. Thats why I am a big fan that we have Greg Ellis to coach these ends on how to play. It was a great hire. Zimmer wants the bigger ends and Robinson fits the bill. Also, a later pick Id like is Jonah Ellis from Utah. He's a big DE that does everything well but just needs some coaching. When this draft season began, he was really high rated but Ive seen him fall way down the draft boards,not sure why. It might be his combine numbers. But when you put the tape on, hes doing his job. Hes a throw back to those old-school ends. Zimmer wants to run a 3-4 base and we need bigger dudes at the 3 and 5 tech to do that.. We dont ahve anyone right now.
Agreed 100% - a big DE should be a top priority this draft.

Darius Robinson
Brandon Dorlus
Jonah Elliss
Brennan Jackson
Myles Cole
Cedric Johnson
Jordan Davis
Trajan Jeffcoat

1 of these 8 will end up a Cowboy by Sunday

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Yea, just check out his testing numbers compared to others and it’s pretty bad. Honestly he’s kind of like a less athletic version of Crawford who we could never figure out a good role for.

He’d prolly be a good 3/4 DE but teams are so hybrid now not sure who that would be.
he has been stated to be a tweener tyron crawford type...nothing in the pass game but will be a solid run stopper and starter - not worth a 1st rd pick IMHO

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don’t know if Zimmer is more man or zone but Coop is probably more of a zone CB. I think he could stick there and give you looks at safety.

I’m a big fan.

I saw a Brett Kollmann video where he was really high on Coop. He saw Dejean as an ideal nickel CB, and explained how that's one of the most valuable positions on the defense with defending the 2-way release + run defense responsibilities.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I saw a Brett Kollmann video where he was really high on Coop. He saw Dejean as an ideal nickel CB, and explained how that's one of the most valuable positions on the defense with defending the 2-way release + run defense responsibilities.
His IQ / Awareness is off the charts…which noone talks about much with DBs but it’s important. I think he can stick at CB and I have ZERO issues with him in the 1st. Dude is a stud.