PAVER: Tribute Paver Ordered**Read Post #9**

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The tribute paver and is now ordered and the replica and display case will be sent directly to Major Hagerty's friend to be presented to his widow. I will be sending a card on behalf of the entire forum.

I just wanted to personally say thank you to everyone who contributed to the pavers. You have no idea how much it is appreciated. Your trust in me to do this was very humbling. I can't thank you enough for that. I was honored to be able to contribute to this.

Here is what they decided the tribute paver will say. Remember it is in all caps.

HUSBAND & FATHER
HERO & SOLDIER
RIP MAJ. HAGERTY

Thank you all so much.

sago1

Reaction score
Thanks to you for all the hard work & time you spent to make the paver a reality. Also congrats to everyone on this board who contributed. In the coming years hopefully his family & friends will frequently get the opportunity to see the paver & remember him in happier times. But it will also serve to remind them that in death he was remembered & appreciated by fellow Cowboy fans for his service to the country we all love.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks Hos and thanks to everyone who contributed here.

Thumbs up.

MTCowboys88

cowboys3128
Reaction score
I told this to Hos, and I wanted to share with everybody.

Daphne(Scott's wife) came in to my store yesterday with her son Jonathan. When he came to the counter, he had one of the direct mail Cowboy Paver flyers in his hand and showed it to me. On the front it said something like "Scott, you can be a part of history."
Daphne asked me if I had seen the Paver program, and asked me what I thought. (On an aside, I had decided long ago to wait to tell her about it until I got everything in to give to her. Knowing Daphne, if I had told her, she would have insisted on paying for it, which was not gonna happen).

I proceeded to tell her about what the Zone was doing, and she was really touched. I got her approval on the saying, and she drops the bombshell that her original idea was to buy one and give it to me to display in the store. I told her I would be honored if that's what she ultimately decides, but I'm thinking it might become a travelling paver wherever we watch the games.

Long story short, the Zone members have done it once again.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboys3128;2272275 said:

Daphne(Scott's wife) came in to my store yesterday with her son Jonathan. When he came to the counter, he had one of the direct mail Cowboy Paver flyers in his hand and showed it to me. On the front it said something like "Scott, you can be a part of history."
Daphne asked me if I had seen the Paver program, and asked me what I thought. (On an aside, I had decided long ago to wait to tell her about it until I got everything in to give to her. Knowing Daphne, if I had told her, she would have insisted on paying for it, which was not gonna happen).

I proceeded to tell her about what the Zone was doing, and she was really touched. I got her approval on the saying, and she drops the bombshell that her original idea was to buy one and give it to me to display in the store. I told her I would be honored if that's what she ultimately decides, but I'm thinking it might become a travelling paver wherever we watch the games.

I am so glad you would share that with the forum.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score

That's awesome.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score

I'm glad you shared that with us.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
That is just fantastic, Cowboys3128. It just warms my heart.