PAVER: Update on Both Pavers...***Need ideas for Zone Paver***

Nomad

Reaction score
Sorry I have a semi-related question and didn't want to start a new thread.

When filling out the inscription on the paver, it says it will be "automatically centered". So if my first line has say 10 characters should I start with the first letter all the way to the left or skip a few spaces and try to center it myself and they correct it if it's a little off.

I'm trying to decide whether they mean they will center it correctly if you have it uneven with 3 spaces on the left 4 on right, or if they mean they center everything.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nomad;2230786 said:
Sorry I have a semi-related question and didn't want to start a new thread.

When filling out the inscription on the paver, it says it will be "automatically centered". So if my first line has say 10 characters should I start with the first letter all the way to the left or skip a few spaces and try to center it myself.

I'm trying to decide whether they mean they will center it correctly if you have it uneven with 3 spaces on the left 4 on right, or if they mean they center everything.
They will center it.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
Hostile,

i just got a letter saying production of the pavers is behind schedule
and they expect to ship them in October.
i know this wont affect anything just passing along info.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
poke;2231385 said:
Hostile,

i just got a letter saying production of the pavers is behind schedule
and they expect to ship them in October.
i know this wont affect anything just passing along info.
Thanks.

The Zone paver will be ordered Friday.

I will order the tribute paver as soon as I hear from Major Hagerty's friend what he wants it to say.

All money has now been collected. There is approximately $2.50 surplus on the collections for Major Hagerty which I will use to buy a card for his family from the entire forum.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Because so many people like it, we will go with the proper Michael Irvin quote idea for the Zone paver. I think it is one we all like.

Don't tell me it
is just a game!
-Michael Irvin
CowboysZone.com

Once the paver is in place and we have the map, it will be posted on this forum as a sticky. Not sure which Zone yet. Hopefully some of you will add pictures of yourselves at the paver to that thread once in place.

The first person to send me a picture of our paver that can be used as a background image here (as little of the surrounding pavers as possible please)I will personally buy a Cowboys cap or t-shirt and have it sent to you as a thank you.

I don't know if it can be done or not, but I am going to request that the tribute paver be near the Zone paver. The same thread will have that map too.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
I might be in the minority, but I liked the *******ized version with

"Don't tell US it"....

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
now if we could just get a picture of Irvin standing by our paver....perfect !

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
poke;2232235 said:
now if we could just get a picture of Irvin standing by our paver....perfect !
I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to ask.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Hostile;2232251 said:
I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to ask.

Ask him if he'll autograph enough copies so all of us contributors can have one. I think he would be willing since it isn't that many.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2232328 said:
Ask him if he'll autograph enough copies so all of us contributors can have one. I think he would be willing since it isn't that many.
I had not thought of that. Nice idea.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
Don't tell me it
is just a game!
-Michael Irvin
CowboysZone.com

That's got my vote Hos and love the pic idea with Irvin.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2232328 said:

Excellent idea.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Hostile;2231520 said:
Don't tell me it
is just a game!
-Michael Irvin
CowboysZone.com

Perfect

poke;2232235 said:
now if we could just get a picture of Irvin standing by our paver....

What are you trying to say...after all this, Hos isn't good enough anymore? :D

stardeep

Fading Into Abstraction
Reaction score
Looks like a clear majority, and I'm happy with it, but would have preferred something more personalized to the Zone. Almost looks like a paver Michael Irvin paid for. I liked how the quote (with the "us" in it) referred to his quote, joining us with his sentiments, as opposed to quoting him directly.

I agree the "we are the Zone" was lame/superfluous, and would have liked something along the lines of:

Don't tell us it
is just a game!
Defend the star.
CowyboysZone.com

or

Don't tell us it
is just a game!
Home of the star
CowyboysZone.com

or

Don't tell us it
is just a game!
America's Team
CowyboysZone.com

or

Don't tell us it
is just a game!
Football is life
CowyboysZone.com

etc. (Or whatever third line would nail it.)

Having said all this, I'm happy to go along with the other one, just putting these thoughts out so we can be sure of our choice, which will be around for a long time.

stardeep

Fading Into Abstraction
Reaction score
stardeep;2233238 said:
Looks like a clear majority, and I'm happy with it, but would have preferred something more personalized to the Zone. Almost looks like a paver Michael Irvin paid for. I liked how the quote (with the "us" in it) referred to his quote, joining us with his sentiments, as opposed to quoting him directly.

I agree the "we are the Zone" was lame/superfluous, and would have liked something along the lines of:

Don't tell us it
is just a game!
Defend the star.
CowyboysZone.com

or

Don't tell us it
is just a game!
Home of the star
CowyboysZone.com

or

Don't tell us it
is just a game!
America's Team
CowyboysZone.com

or

Don't tell us it
is just a game!
Football is life
CowyboysZone.com

etc. (Or whatever third line would nail it.)

Having said all this, I'm happy to go along with the other one, just putting these thoughts out so we can be sure of our choice, which will be around for a long time.

I realize I'm paddling a sinking ship here, but one last idea:

Don't tell us it
is just a game!
Get in the Zone.
CowyboysZone.com

Edit: I like this because the third line is a missive to visit the Zone, while also encouraging fans on their way to the game to get in the zone and cheer on the Cowboys. And I like the "us" because it's about our message board, not one Cowboy, while still venerating Irvin's words and sentiments by letting everyone know we share them as fans.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Don't tell us it
is just a game!
America's Team
CowyboysZone.com

I understand wanting to quote Michael directly, but this is a paver from US, about US. I prefer to change it up a bit.