Paxton Lynch dishes the details on his workout for the Cowboys

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I like this guy. I see him as a good fit. He can learn behind Romo like Romo learned behind Testaverde and Bledsoe.

This is a good read.

Exerpt:
The Dallas Cowboys sent out their bigwigs to watch quarterback Paxton Lynch last week.

On March 23, the former Memphis quarterback had a private workout in front of Cowboys head executives Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones and Will McClay. And according to a report, the event in Orlando went extremely well and the two sides are expected to meet again prior to the draft in April.

Lynch enjoyed his workout with the Cowboys as he was able to showcase his talents. The 6-foot-7, 244-pound quarterback recently discussed his experience with NFL.com on working out for America's Team:

"They had me do some three-step drop stuff, but it was mostly deeper drops and deeper throws. They had me throwing some long out routes, and some deeper comeback routes across the field. They had me push the ball vertically on some seam routes and deep corner routes. Then they put me on the run for some of it, to see my athleticism and see me outside the pocket. I definitely enjoy pushing the ball down the field, and that's what they were most impressed about, how strong my arm was."

[continued]

Full article: http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Paxto...tails-on-his-workout-for-the-Cowboys-44566215

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I just worry that the Cowboys will find themselves in a Denver type of situation. I know the ring is well worth it but Denver is pretty screwed going forward.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I just worry that the Cowboys will find themselves in a Denver type of situation. I know the ring is well worth it but Denver is pretty screwed going forward.

Sad thing is Denver had a very good QB in Brock Osweiler, but he got away. They could still conceivably trade up and grab one of the premier QBs. They're in a tough situation, but not an impossible one. As for the Cowboys, I hope Jerry doesn't believe the BS about Romo playing another five years and instead sees the obvious urgency of drafting the next QB.

LittleD

Reaction score

Yep, if the Doctor's removed enough of Romo's clavicle, I see him playing till the age of 39-40 because he got such a late start.
I think the Cowboy's FO sees it that way too. Most all the pundits and many on this board thinks Romo has only a season to
1.5 seasons left.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In a trade back scenario I would be all over Lynch.

I wouldnt trade too far IMO. I dont think he would make it past SF and Philadelphia. I would try and swap picks with SF ( who may eye Goff) for a 2nd and take him 7th. Gives you your QB of the future and two potential starters at the top of the 2nd. 2nd round will be rich with DE's, DT's and CB's

robjay04

Reaction score
I wouldnt trade too far IMO. I dont think he would make it past SF and Philadelphia. I would try and swap picks with SF ( who may eye Goff) for a 2nd and take him 7th. Gives you your QB of the future and two potential starters at the top of the 2nd. 2nd round will be rich with DE's, DT's and CB's

I would be okay with that scenario but I wouldn't consider trading back any further.

Still, you never know in the draft. We could trade back and then the Eagles could swap places with the Ravens and leave us empty handed. If you like a guy, take him, don't over-analyze the perceived value. If your scouts and coaches think he is worth the fourth pick, trust them and take your guy without worrying what anyone else thinks. I trust the team will do that considering they did that with TFred.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was already sold on him, I have said many time the top 3 QB (Lynch, Goff and Wentz) I would welcome any of them.

Lynch to me has the most upside of them all. Not very common for a young QB to be able to throw with both power and touch like he can

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Lynch to me has the most upside of them all. Not very common for a young QB to be able to throw with both power and touch like he can

I admit I saw him a few times last season and he impressed me, he has the arm to make any throws and very quick and agile for a man of his size. I think he would not be starter ready day 1 not many are and with Romo still the main guy Lynch would not be forced to start day one which I think only benefits him and allows him to understand the offense fully as well as understand the speed of the game at this level

Jstopper

Reaction score

With them paying both Bradford and chase Daniels I highly doubt they are wasting their 1st rounder on lynch. I just don't see it

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I doubt the Cowboys will pick either Wentz, Goff or Lynch.

The reason: Anyone they draft will have to sit two to three years. None of the top quarterback are going to want to do that. And knowing that, if you pick one, you're basically telling Romo he has two years TOPS with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys have almost forced themselves into taking a lower-tier quarterback (lower than the Big 3, that is) because only lower-tier quarterbacks are going to want to sit before a veteran like Romo and patiently learn the game.

reddyuta

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I doubt the Cowboys will pick either Wentz, Goff or Lynch.

The reason: Anyone they draft will have to sit two to three years. None of the top quarterback are going to want to do that. And knowing that, if you pick one, you're basically telling Romo he has two years TOPS with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys have almost forced themselves into taking a lower-tier quarterback (lower than the Big 3, that is) because only lower-tier quarterbacks are going to want to sit before a veteran like Romo and patiently learn the game.

Forgive me but this is how you end up with years of QB wilderness and make no mistake we are in for after one more Romo hit and we will be stuck with kellen Moores of the world.We will be wasting the careers of Dez and on of the best Olines ever assembled and it could have been so much better if we picked the best QB in the draft when we had the 4th pick in he draft.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score

Ummm who cares what Romo thinks at this point in his career. I rather his feelings are hurt and we set at QB for Ten more years.. The Romo clock is ticking..

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With them paying both Bradford and chase Daniels I highly doubt they are wasting their 1st rounder on lynch. I just don't see it

Neither one are long term solutions. If one falls to them I dont see them passing a QB. Bradford can be cut next year with no dead money I believe

Reaction score
We need to take Wentz or Goff at 4 period. Neither Ramsey, Jack, Bosa or Elliot are better investments for our franchise than a probable franchise QB who could give us a fighting chance to be in the hunt for the next decade +. Ramsey is very similar athletically to Byron Jones as a true FS, Jack will be backing up Sean Lee unless we view him as a SS, Bosa is a LDE and may be no better than DLaw, and, behind our OLine, I think Elliot is too rich for us at #4 considering we added Morris and have DMC.