Paxton Lynch dishes the details on his workout for the Cowboys

waving monkey

Reaction score
With them paying both Bradford and chase Daniels I highly doubt they are wasting their 1st rounder on lynch. I just don't see it

Ya I forgot the Eagles paid Bradford big money. Their after Zeek who I have lost confidence in,

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I dont know that osweiller was very good. The qb position was about as sheltered as could be on that team.

In his 4 years in Denver, he put up over 2000 yards, had an 86 QBR, and had about a 2-to-1 TD to INT ratio..............and 61% completion rate.

That is pretty dam good, if our backups played like that we probably would have won the East.

jnday

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I doubt the Cowboys will pick either Wentz, Goff or Lynch.

The reason: Anyone they draft will have to sit two to three years. None of the top quarterback are going to want to do that. And knowing that, if you pick one, you're basically telling Romo he has two years TOPS with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys have almost forced themselves into taking a lower-tier quarterback (lower than the Big 3, that is) because only lower-tier quarterbacks are going to want to sit before a veteran like Romo and patiently learn the game.

It doesn't matter what one of the top QBs wants. He may not like it, but if he has to sit behind Romo for a while , that is what he will do. I am sure that a rookie QB's opinion is not a big concern. He will be paid to do a job. If he doesn't like it, retire early.

Jstopper

Reaction score
Neither one are long term solutions. If one falls to them I dont see them passing a QB. Bradford can be cut next year with no dead money I believe

Nah man I don't see it. They wouldn't have given both of them contracts of they were going to draft a qb. They would rather get some value out of their 1st round pick

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nah man I don't see it. They wouldn't have given both of them contracts of they were going to draft a qb. They would rather get some value out of their 1st round pick

They gave them contracts because they have nothing. They feel so good about Bradford that they went out and have Daniel's a 3 year deal as a contingency. Thos guys are 2016 only, Daniels may be a long term backup but thats it. I dont see them passing on a QB at 8 if one drops. They would be stupid to pass it up. They have no future at the position. And no future at QB is no future period

Jstopper

Reaction score
They gave them contracts because they have nothing. They feel so good about Bradford that they went out and have Daniel's a 3 year deal as a contingency. Thos guys are 2016 only, Daniels may be a long term backup but thats it. I dont see them passing on a QB at 8 if one drops. They would be stupid to pass it up. They have no future at the position. And no future at QB is no future period

I think it was stupid to give Bradford a contract but they did that. I guess we will have to wait and see. I just don't see it personally.

Craig

Reaction score
In his 4 years in Denver, he put up over 2000 yards, had an 86 QBR, and had about a 2-to-1 TD to INT ratio..............and 61% completion rate.

That is pretty dam good, if our backups played like that we probably would have won the East.

Youre probably right. Hes a good qb. Im sure he'll be relevant one year from now.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think it was stupid to give Bradford a contract but they did that. I guess we will have to wait and see. I just don't see it personally.

Keep in mind they get out Bradfords deal next year. I think are giving themselves a 2 year window for a QB. They will take one this year or next IMO. They could pass, and they will likely be bad enough to draft one high next year. But if Lynch is there at 8 and right now you can let him develop, you jump on that of your them IMO

I will say I dont see them willing to move up for a QB. 1) They dont have a 2nd rounder. 2) There team needs alot of talent. I think they would e willing to sacrifice a instant starter flr a QB, but I dont they will be willing to give up two. 3) Like I said before, I think its a w year search for them. They know they will likely be in the top 5 again next year

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ummm who cares what Romo thinks at this point in his career. I rather his feelings are hurt and we set at QB for Ten more years.. The Romo clock is ticking..

I agree with you, but Jerry obviously cares.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what one of the top QBs wants. He may not like it, but if he has to sit behind Romo for a while , that is what he will do. I am sure that a rookie QB's opinion is not a big concern. He will be paid to do a job. If he doesn't like it, retire early.

And I think you'll see an Osweiller situation also.