Paye/Phillps

The Realist

Reaction score
May not be a lot of chatter, but they are getting chatter at 10. Why no love for the best pass rusher in the SEC Azeez Anjulari? He’s only 6-2 but has a wingspan of someone 6-5. 9.5 sacks at Georgia this year.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
May not be a lot of chatter, but they are getting chatter at 10. Why no love for the best pass rusher in the SEC Azeez Anjulari? He’s only 6-2 but has a wingspan of someone 6-5. 9.5 sacks at Georgia this year.
I thought Ojulari was only really thought of as an OLB in a 3-4.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Ojulari vs Phillips is an interesting question. Phillips' tape and workouts scream top-10 pick, but he's covered in red flags. Ojulari looks like a pretty clean speed rusher, but he doesn't have the full toolbox that Phillips does. It all comes down to how much you weigh Phillips' risk IMO.

Paye is toolsy as hell, but I am out on toolsy Michigan dudes.

J-man

Reaction score

IMO he's a 3/4 OLB.

Phillips is the best pure pass rusher in this class by far. Medical history is the only reason he isn't being talked about in the top 10. If he clears medicals, as expected, we will all watch him fly up the boards.

Majic

Reaction score
[
IMO he's a 3/4 OLB.

If the Cowboys have a high grade on him and he is available he has to be under consideration. There seems to be a lot of talk on here about matching players to Quinn's scheme from previous stops. That's more or less what McCarthy said we would not do.

Player first. Scheme second

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
My belief is if the Cowboys are somewhat confident they can move up either in the early 2nd round or late 1st for a CB, one of these DEs are definitely in play with their first pick. Whether that's at 10 or if they trade down into the teens. Likely Phillips and Ajulari...

Creeper

Reaction score
I'd rather throw away #10 on Barmore if they are determined to use it on defensive line. I just don't think any of the def linemen in this draft are worth y of a top 10 pick.

Trading down for Paye would be better depending on what they get in return.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

His game footage looks really good.

6-2, 249 (played at a lower weight)
4.6 forty
34-3/8" arm length

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Azeez can cut the corner like the great ones, Derrick Thomas, Von Miller. compact height and long wingspan make him the perfect RE, someone will get a steal if he goes any later than 10

Rayman70

Reaction score
My belief is if the Cowboys are somewhat confident they can move up either in the early 2nd round or late 1st for a CB, one of these DEs are definitely in play with their first pick. Whether that's at 10 or if they trade down into the teens. Likely Phillips and Ajulari...
I would love to see us trade back from 10 to 15 with NE. Dont care what anyone says, we need picks badly. The more picks you have the better your odds. IMO the entire team needs a rebuild at certain positions. The oline is one unit that is in need. Realize this, every single starter was hurt last year(except connor williams) and missed time across the oline. Martin is 30, Tyron is a mess physically and we just dunno what he will be, Collins is rehabbing from hip surgery,coupled with the wreck he was in, THEN was badly out of shape, we lost Looney in FA and are counting on unproven Tyler B....so yeah, the oline MUST be a focus. IMO its in worse shape by far than dline is.