PC Video Cards

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I want to get a video card so I can download and watch HD games on my pc. I know nothing about pc video cards so can someone tell me which ones are good and if i gotta take it somewhere to get in installed in my pc or if I can do it myself?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Ice and Kilyin are the go-to guys. The Radeon ATI card Ice recommended works perfectly in my Dell.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;3161404 said:
Ice and Kilyin are the go-to guys. The Radeon ATI card Ice recommended works perfectly in my Dell.
ok, I got a Dell too. it's weird cause I downloaded the Falcons-Cowboys game in HD but it would freeze every few seconds. but I just downloaded the Saints-Cowboys game in HD and it works fine.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
what type of dell do you have so we know if you have a pci or pci-e or if you even able to run sli (2 graphics cards at once)

hairic

Reaction score
You shouldn't need much from the card. Something as cheap as a budget gaming card will play HD without losing frames. It's your CPU that will fall behind/lose frames when decoding 1080p.

A quick look around and it looks like there's cards that can display 1080p for $30 on newegg.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I usually go with ATI cards. I have better luck with them but nvidia are just as good. As far as installing it it isn't that hard. It will come with instructions but the quick version is run the install disk. Then shut the computer down when prompted. Unplug the power cord to make sure there is no power running through the machine. Open it up and install the card. Plug the monitor in to the new card. Turn it back on.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Also be aware of what OS you are running and how much ram you have installed because the video memory counts toward you 4gb 32bit limit on XP or 32bit version of Vista and Windows 7. Which is why I will go to x64 windows 7.

Just an fyi