Peeking ahead a little bit

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Since we won't have our first round pick next year from the Cooper trade and we might be drafting semi late 2nd round I figure we need to strike in free agency a little. With lots of cap room and $ to spend here is how I would attack free agency.

1. The obvious, sign Earl Thomas. It will have to be at least a 4 year deal and I am sure ET would be looking for 6 so say a 4-5 year deal averaging around $12-13 million a year. Say 4yrs $50 million, $25 guaranteed.
2. Sign Tyler Eifert. This one I think can be our under the radar Jay Novacek type of signing. Still kinda young he will turn 29 in September. You could get him pretty cheap something like 2 years $6 million with incentives. Has some ties to us too, see attachment:
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article106269157.html
3. Sign/Resign backup LT. Very important for this team to do. Fleming might be able to come back on a similar deal. Jake Fisher is a possibility too, maybe say 2 years $8 million incentives to starts. FYI, Joe Looney was a great signing and to be able to have him as a backup at C and Guard for another year is amazing.
4. Resign DeMarcus Lawrence. 5 years $100 million $50 guaranteed
5. Resign David Irving to 1-2 years highly incentive deal based on playing time and performance.
6. Resign LP to longsnap. 1 year $1 million.
7. Extend Amari Cooper 5 years $85 million, $45 guaranteed.
8. Cut Hurns, TWill, Crawford.
9. Resign Rod Smith 2 years $3 million
10. Resign Tavon Austin 1 year $3 million
11. Draft needs. Big Fast WR, LT, DT, FB

bb721

Reaction score
Tyler Eifert has been in the league for 6 years and has played a total of 43 games out of a possible 96. He’s talented but it’s a hard pass from me.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Have to reckon Eifert has lost some athleticism due to injuries.

Reaction score
I doubt Tavon signs a deal that cheap. I also disagree with letting Tyrone Crawford go with the uncertainty of Irving. That could change with the draft.

#3 is a must!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Hey ZE, Fisher just got voted into the pro bowl. I don't think he'll come cheap or as a backup.

For tight end I'm looking at Demetrius Harris