Pelissero: Gallup not expected to be active

Carson

Reaction score

Why waste the roster spot? Once again, these guys do not know how to manage players. He should’ve went to the IR and a guy like Brandon smith should’ve been able to play.

Instead they don’t IR him and he misses 3-4 games

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score

Why waste the roster spot? Once again, these guys do not know how to manage players. He should’ve went to the IR and a guy like Brandon smith should’ve been able to play.

Thanks for posting the link. I'm not smart enough to figure that stuff out.

Carson

Reaction score
They don’t want a Godwin situation. He has been out since the 2nd quarter of game 1
I believe different injury. I believe it is his hamstring not his ACL. However, he could’ve pulled it trying to take it easy on his knee.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

The only explanation I can think that makes any sense is he is allowed more interaction with the team during practice, etc. as opposed to being on IR. This was also the reason they chose to keep Dak off of IR.

But yeah I agree that the roster spot over a 4 week period overall is much more valuable than Gallup being eligible to play at most 15-20 snaps in Week 4.

Carson

Reaction score
The only explanation I can think that makes any sense is he is allowed more interaction with the team during practice, etc. as opposed to being on IR. This was also the reason they chose to keep Dak off of IR.

But yeah I agree that the roster spot over a 4 week period overall is much more valuable than Gallup being eligible to play at most 15-20 snaps in Week 4.
Agree with you.

But that is what is maddening to me. So he likely gets his 10-15 snaps next week. Might as well just let him rest and heal up and be ready to go Week 5!

Sydla

Reaction score
Typical Cowboys. Even when late last week they were saying that he was active in practice, would likely play, etc. I knew better than to believe that.

Don't be surprised, despite all the bullspit you hear this week, that he doesn't actually play in a game for another 2-3 weeks.

And when looking at Dak, apply the Gallup timeline to him. Dak ain't coming back for at least a month. Maybe, maybe he'll be ready by the Eagles. Maybe.

RS12

Reaction score
Within the first few weeks after surgery, you should strive to regain a range of motion equal to that of your opposite knee. Recovery generally takes about nine months. It may take eight to 12 months or more before athletes can return to their sports.Mar 6, 2021

ACL reconstruction - Mayo Clinic

In case you were wondering what people who actually attended medical school said about the procedure.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What does Dr. Jerry Jones have to say? :muttley:

He was too busy being on CNBC this morning talking about stocks and natural gas prices and Comstock Resources.
It was up .02 and as he talked, it went up .23, and now is down .23 so far for the day, a .46 swing down.

Typical CNBC stuff. Talk a stock, it rises, only to fall later. Seen it way too many times.

No football talk other than he said Giants will be a challenge or something like that.

Toro9

Reaction score
We'll see. I hope he's wrong. I don't know if I've ever seen a Cowboys WR better at nine routes.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
They’re just afraid of the chemistry that lies between Rush and Gallup. He’ll magically be active when Dak comes back so Dak doesn’t lose his job (which is already partially on it’s way to being lost).

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'll see. I hope he's wrong. I don't know if I've ever seen a Cowboys WR better at nine routes. Maybe TO

It is a mind fake from MM and the staff. :laugh:
He may play.
I agree I hope he is wrong also. However, if not, waiting another week, may be for better as it is a long season to go yet.