Penalties- Undisciplined, Unlucky or something else

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas currently leads the league with 102 penalties this season. Leading in offsides, offensive holding (Miami is tied with is,,FYI), and 2nd in defensive holding.

Buffalo was in top 5 but somehow played almost perfect today. Now dropped down to top 10.

So what are your thoughts?
I know the offsides is probably due to an ultra aggressive dline and not really excusable but how are are leading in the 2 calls that can be called almost every play?

I'd love to know how many of those holding calls have resulted in a drive/point killers or drive extenders on 3rd down.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
If someone lines up offsides I’d make them run until they throw up next practice. How are you a grown man and you can’t figure out where the LOS is??? Absolutely drives me crazy

ICP

Reaction score
Sloppy and undisciplined, been the same for years, even before McCarthy arrived. Even the early penalty on Zack, I understand why he did what he did but that negated 15 extra yards

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They have to know that the officials are going to flag them for anything and everything at this point.

Josh Allen’s flop is what caused the game to unfold like it did.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is a very undisciplined team since MM arrived. VERY disappointing.

Continuing to shoot yourself in the foot will catch up to eventually.
Not sure about that tonight though

Dlaw was a horrible call
Kearse was a horrible call
Martin was another flop job...just a chest bump
Williams - have no clue how that wasn't blocked. Still he jumped up and not at the punter...that could have been a 5 yard penalty

It just seems they get the short end of the stick with calls all the time.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Buffalo is a very penalized team then today they were almost perfect. Hmmm
They have to know that the officials are going to flag them for anything and everything at this point.

Josh Allen’s flop is what caused the game to unfold like it did.
Yeah, it was the ref's fault. :rolleyes:

The Bills running all over the defense and the offense doing nothing was all just happenstance.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dallas currently leads the league with 102 penalties this season. Leading in offsides, offensive holding (Miami is tied with is,,FYI), and 2nd in defensive holding.

Buffalo was in top 5 but somehow played almost perfect today. Now dropped down to top 10.

So what are your thoughts?
I know the offsides is probably due to an ultra aggressive dline and not really excusable but how are are leading in the 2 calls that can be called almost every play?

I'd love to know how many of those holding calls have resulted in a drive/point killers or drive extenders on 3rd down.
Marquee QB, good team,,, the NFL wants Buffalo in the playoffs and they were on the verge of elimination. The Cowboys on the other hand can absorb the loss and still be in the playoffs pulling ratings. This loss was going to happen no matter what, the fact that the cowboys folded so badly and the QB came up small isn't a good sign though.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dolphins are tied for most offensive holding calls with us...I'd bet they don't get called once this next game.
If the run defense sucks as bad as it did today they'll have no reason to hold anyone.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Refs are garbage. There were a dozen holds on Buffalo today but how many were called. Dallas gets called for every penalty under the book at a disproportionate rate while other teams can commit straight muggings on us and get ZERO calls.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If someone lines up offsides I’d make them run until they throw up next practice. How are you a grown man and you can’t figure out where the LOS is??? Absolutely drives me crazy
yeah, that's how you deal with millionaires.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Refs are garbage. There were a dozen holds on Buffalo today but how many were called. Dallas gets called for every penalty under the book at a disproportionate rate while other teams can commit straight muggings on us and get ZERO calls.
I've seen some crybaby stuff on this board today, but if you watched the game and this is your conclusion...wow. The lengths some need to go to cope with defeat.