Penalties- Undisciplined, Unlucky or something else

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I've seen some crybaby stuff on this board today, but if you watched the game and this is your conclusion...wow. The lengths some need to go to cope with defeat.
Nah you are just delusional if you think Micah is never getting held. There is a double standard and you just want to ignore it and try to pretend you have some high ground for accepting crap from the refs.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Not sure about that tonight though

Dlaw was a horrible call
Kearse was a horrible call
Martin was another flop job...just a chest bump
Williams - have no clue how that wasn't blocked. Still he jumped up and not at the punter...that could have been a 5 yard penalty

It just seems they get the short end of the stick with calls all the time.
Dlaw went with a forearm. That's a good play if it sets a tone for us ... but it didn't.

Kearse... That was weak but bang bang.

Martin was standing up for his QB. He knew he was taking a penalty. Stood up but not enough to be ejected. Good penalty -- he got on the line for not doing so when Dalton got levelled.

Williams -- no, he hit the punter pretty hard ... because he stupidly jumped -- that's a clear penalty and a really stupid one.

Ain't no short end here. No one gets blown out because of bad calls.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Marquee QB, good team,,, the NFL wants Buffalo in the playoffs and they were on the verge of elimination. The Cowboys on the other hand can absorb the loss and still be in the playoffs pulling ratings. This loss was going to happen no matter what, the fact that the cowboys folded so badly and the QB came up small isn't a good sign though.
So you’re saying the outcome was scripted. Right?

Kumala808

Reaction score
That punt Block was there if just kept his feet on the ground. But bones has to know when to call it. Especially after the last drive was kept alive on a weak roughing the passer.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Nah you are just delusional if you think Micah is never getting held. There is a double standard and you just want to ignore it and try to pretend you have some high ground for accepting crap from the refs.
Show me where I said Micah is never getting held. I'll wait, strawman.

Blaming "the refs" for this loss is just a coping mechanism. The Cowboys got their butts kicked by Buffalo. It happens. It's the NFL.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Defensive and Offensive Holding are complete ref bs! Everyone cheats and holds on every play on every snap on every team in the history of the NFL! If we lead in those categories then sounds like a classic case of the "REF GAME"!

As I've posted many articles pointing out bias to Dallas in big games, giving stats that back my cry. Everyone blames coaches in Dallas, QB's, defense, etc, etc. But when you play San Fran in the playoffs on the road and Dallas gets 19 penalties and SF has 4 then how is Dallas gonna win? Legitimate question.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dallas currently leads the league with 102 penalties this season. Leading in offsides, offensive holding (Miami is tied with is,,FYI), and 2nd in defensive holding.

Buffalo was in top 5 but somehow played almost perfect today. Now dropped down to top 10.

So what are your thoughts?
I know the offsides is probably due to an ultra aggressive dline and not really excusable but how are are leading in the 2 calls that can be called almost every play?

I'd love to know how many of those holding calls have resulted in a drive/point killers or drive extenders on 3rd down.
I was watching the show on fox that came on after the game, and Bradshaw who had said they would win and looked like they were headed to the SB,
said that after watching this game and the season, said the cowboys players lacked the mental toughness to win a SB.
He was also a fan of MM, and the coach is the one that in part at least should instill that mental toughness and attitude imo , bradshaw didnt say that.
But he was really bummed about the cowboys losing the way they did .

But to me this is just more of what they have done over the years, and what they may do again in the playoffs.
It takes more than talent and lots of ability to get to and win a SB.
One thing I think is a key ingredient is 1st the "culture" which if that is good will with the right HC can create that mental toughness terry brought up.
most teams dont have all 3 of those and the talent too.
Dallas has lacked the culture and the HC for a long time and therefore they dont have the mental toughness.

I also noticed parsons being a non factor from the start of the game and the media should ask questions about that and how he was used in their game
plan and also ask what did they change or adjust as the game went along, lol because to me I would say not much.

I thought before the game Buffalo might be able to beat dallas in a close game I picked buffalo to win in a yahoo game I play and almost picked
them to win in the JFF game here but the weather was good so backed of and went with dallas, but I never thought it would be a game where buffalo
dominated dallas.
I was surprised by the way both teams played , and I give Buffalo credit for a good game plan and execution of it, and lol MENTAL TOUGHNESS!

Curious now if Buffalo will carry this forward and get into playoffs or not? and will Dallas bounce back next game or will Miami give them another beat down?
Who knows I dont.

Brax

Reaction score
Yeah, it was the ref's fault. :rolleyes:

The Bills running all over the defense and the offense doing nothing was all just happenstance.
It’s funny the last few weeks Dallas getting the benefit of calls, silence ,now the tin foil hat group is out in force. There was nothing you don’t see in games every week. Like you said if the D and O did something that would have been nice.

Brax

Reaction score
Marquee QB, good team,,, the NFL wants Buffalo in the playoffs and they were on the verge of elimination. The Cowboys on the other hand can absorb the loss and still be in the playoffs pulling ratings. This loss was going to happen no matter what, the fact that the cowboys folded so badly and the QB came up small isn't a good sign though.
Oh god here we go the tin foil hats are coming out of the closet

Doomsay

Reaction score
Fake tough guy act

Croomraider

Reaction score
It’s funny the last few weeks Dallas getting the benefit of calls, silence ,now the tin foil hat group is out in force. There was nothing you don’t see in games every week. Like you said if the D and O did something that would have been nice.
This game doesn't matter... however, when every playoff game we've lost for the past decade has been ridiculously lopsided on ref calls. Don't believe me, go check the boxscores. Go find an article that says Dez caught the ball lol. Dallas gets absolutely screwed year in and year out by the zebras. if you're saying, we won games and the refs didn't screw us, sounds fair then, of course its quiet lol. Good observation.

Brax

Reaction score
This game doesn't matter... however, when every playoff game we've lost for the past decade has been ridiculously lopsided on ref calls. Don't believe me, go check the boxscores. Go find an article that says Dez caught the ball lol. Dallas gets absolutely screwed year in and year out by the zebras. if you're saying, we won games and the refs didn't screw us, sounds fair then, of course its quiet lol. Good observation.
Calls happen unfortunately they have been a magnet for flags and that is the sign of an undisciplined team and a reflection of the coaches. You don’t lead the league just about every year because the refs don’t like you it’s because you practice that way and it’s allowed by coaches.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Calls happen unfortunately they have been a magnet for flags and that is the sign of an undisciplined team and a reflection of the coaches. You don’t lead the league just about every year because the refs don’t like you it’s because you practice that way and it’s allowed by coaches.
I agree we have usually have tons of discipline penalties which unfortunately just covers up the actual problem. Actual problem being the judgment ref calls, holding, PI's, ball spots, personal fouls, Blandino and his mafia New York REVIEW team etc, etc. Dallas gets absolutely demolished by the refs when refs have the chance, year in and year out. I expect a REF GAME every playoffs, can't wait to see the box score this year!