Penei Sewell Gets New Deal

exciter

Reaction score
I'm not sure that LT/RT is as different as it used to be. Lots of teams are primarily putting their best edge player over the RT these days, the Cowboys being one of them.
Still shouldn’t matter. Most teams still run their base with the RT getting TE help more often and the LT still playing on an island more than any other OL position!

chicago JK

Reaction score
Micah’s draft right? Will be interesting to see iff Micah makes any comments.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
lions gave out two different 100m deals on the same day? Big and Little Enos keep telling us such things are impossible

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I remember we used to have this guy names Tyron Smith. Been 1 of the top 3 LT’s in the last 10 years. Sure, missed some games, but what a contract.

Verdict

Reaction score
The problem with the Cowboys isn’t that they overpay everyone. They may enter into a very team friendly deal a player like Tyron Smith but then piss it off overpaying an also ran like Tyrone Crawford. Or Jason Witten past his prime. Or Zeke when it’s doubtful that he will ever live up to his contract.

Robster8989

Reaction score
Detroit going all in today with new deals for St. Brown earlier and now Sewell.
They're smart.
Get these deals done now, before new deals reset the market at these positions ad they have to pay even more.
The cap is skyrocketing, salaries are going to continue to rise.
The Cowboys on the other hand.....

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
S T U D.

In my book, Sewell was literally the best LT prospect of the past 10 years, and he hasn't disappointed in the NFL at all. How in the world did the Lions get this guy at #7.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
S T U D.

In my book, Sewell was literally the best LT prospect of the past 10 years, and he hasn't disappointed in the NFL at all. How in the world did the Lions get this guy at #7.
Good question. Same way the Cowboys got Lamb I guess.

Tussinman

Reaction score
S T U D.

I was shocked he fell that far too. I thought Atlanta was going to take him at #4 but they were convinced that Pitts was the reincarnation of Antonio Gates so they took him instead

Surprisingly the only tackle taken in the top five since 2015 is Andrew Thomas of the Giants.