Twitter: Penn State had plans to move Micah Parsons to DE

visionary

Reaction score
We are really fortunate that the corners were drafted ahead of us. Parsons might be the best player on our team, which is loaded with talent. That's crazy to think he is just a rookie.

not might be, he is
He was the only player playing NFL level football yesterday

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Ok, lets walk this back a bit. Jerry has said he was the top defender in the draft. He never said that parsons was plan A. All insider accounts said we wanted one of those CBs. That makes sense b/c we had just lost Chido and had a big hole in the secondary.

This was another Zach Martin type pick where he wasn't necessarily the guy we wanted and we backed into a player much better than we had hoped. Jerry and crew had no idea this kid could play defensive end and be such an impact pass rusher. Good for us but lets not pretend this was by design.
Most of the time, when things go awry to Jerry's desires...
It goes very well.

How he became a successful wildcatter is purely blessings from the great beyond (LUCK) and it's to our collective chagrin.

Stevie-Boy included. His smile alone drops our IQ points for looking at it.

At least he put together a team of talent collectors that know how to identify picks, for the most/kinda part.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
My best friends son played for Penn State :) LYDELL SARGEANT. He hates Dallas, he called as soon as we drafted Parsons pissed off LOL

Oh wow! Lydell Sargeant was a DB I believe, from CA right? 4 or 5 star recruit I believe. Good player.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Ok, lets walk this back a bit. Jerry has said he was the top defender in the draft. He never said that parsons was plan A. All insider accounts said we wanted one of those CBs. That makes sense b/c we had just lost Chido and had a big hole in the secondary.

This was another Zach Martin type pick where he wasn't necessarily the guy we wanted and we backed into a player much better than we had hoped. Jerry and crew had no idea this kid could play defensive end and be such an impact pass rusher. Good for us but lets not pretend this was by design.

Of course it wasnt... any player we draft that turns out to be a stud... all luck. They probably pulled out darts, or pulled cards from a deck with the players numbers on them to see who we should take........cmon, who doesnt know by now how inept our entire front office is. I think they actually look to ESPN's top 100 player list and go off of that.

EVERY TEAM drafts a player HOPING they are studs. NONE of them know the player they are getting until said player shows it in the NFL.

There are rare exceptions when everyone knows the player will be great, and he ends up being great.

I just looked, and Reggie White, possibly the greatest defensive lineman, and maybe even greatest defensive player, period, wasnt even taken with the first pick in the SUPPLEMENTAL draft.

DEMFAN

Reaction score
Oh wow! Lydell Sargeant was a DB I believe, from CA right? 4 or 5 star recruit I believe. Good player.
Yup that’s him his dad and I were in the Air Force together stationed in Tucson. They then moved to Cali! Funny thing is he and Sean Lee played on the same AAU Basketball team. I think I have a picture.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
As outstanding as he is as a rusher, using him as a wildcard, inside a game, is what makes him a special player.

I don't care what the PFF scores are, he is a catalyst. If he can handle the workload changing responsibilities from week to week, do it.

It makes him a weapon, as a player of his talent demands.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

I've been saying this since Week 1...

Micah is a monster tackler who is best used when able to attack the QB or RB in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage.

Micah Parsons is another Derrick Thomas.

Compare the 2 types of players...

Micah Parsons: 6'3", 245 lbs, 4.39 40 yd dash.

Derrick Thomas: 6'3", 247 lbs, 4.58 40 yd dash.

They are one and the same player.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
I liked when he chased down Mahones and stripped the ball...Dude is quick..