Penn State president to face alumni at town hall in Pittsburgh

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...n-pittsburgh/2012/01/11/gIQAPaU6pP_story.html

Penn State president to face alumni at town hall in Pittsburgh

PITTSBURGH — Penn State University President Rodney Erickson faces a crowd of alumni Wednesday in Pittsburgh, some of whom aren’t happy about the way the school handled the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal, the firing of football coach Joe Paterno and a lack of transparency over the case.

Erickson is attempting to repair the school’s image with alumni, faculty, staff, and students, more than two months since Sandusky was arrested, bringing with it controversy, criticism and contemplation.

Some alumni have criticized the school failing to conduct a complete investigation before firing Paterno and ousting Erickson’s predecessor, Graham Spanier, while decrying the school’s leadership as secretive and slow to act.

Erickson told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Tuesday that former president Spanier informed members of the board of trustees about the Sandusky grand jury investigation months before he was charged in November.

He said he did not know details of what was discussed when Spanier met with board members in May or July when Erickson was the university’s provost.

“I have no idea, because I wasn’t there,” the paper quoted Erickson as saying. “Nor did I know it was taking place.”

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
It appears he doesn't have lot of answers, so he'll be there to take the heat, nothing else.

Its just too many with "I didn't know", "I didn't know the details", "I did all I could", "I thought I was doing the right thing" bs.

Whenever incidents were reported, not one looked for the molested kids to see if they needed medical or psychological help, not one, all they gave damn about was their program, institution, and reputation, very sickening individuals in that university.