Penn State Pro Day?

lkelly

Reaction score
If anyone hears any results from it, please post. I'm wondering if Zemaitis ran well - he could potentially be a late first rounder if he performs but who really knows with all the DBs available. I don't think Dallas is looking for a CB in this draft (at least first day) but he could even move to safety since he has size. He's Anthony Henry all over again.

And in a sleeper role, WR Ethan Kilmer. Has only played FB for a few years (transferred in from a smaller school), but will test athletically off the charts. He won't be drafted as a WR, but he is one of the best special teams playrs I've seen recently. Stick him at gunner and you have a playmaker on kick coverage for years. He also made that insane catch right before halftime for a TD for good measure.

Anyway, if anyone hears how the PSU guys timed, please post.

Thanks.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Zemaitis ran very well. Showed he's a corner more than a safety so he moved back up a lot of boards.

Kilmer ran in the low 4.3s.

lkelly

Reaction score
Any links?

Edit: Found this on Kilmer: 4.38 40-yard time, 41 inch vertical and a 10'10" broad jump

Kid might just sneak up into the 7th round. If not, Dallas should be calling as soon as the draft ends.

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
If this Pro Day isn't an indictment on Penn State using the HIT training program i don't know what is.

The bench numbers for the linemen are pathetic.

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
phillips benched 225 10 times.

with the exception of kilmers numbers and robinson running a 4.5 the only numbers available are the bench.

kartr

Reaction score
I leaning toward Richard Marshall as our new cb. He seems to be the most complete corner in the draft. He tackles well, he covers well, makes ints, and returns them for tds. The Pats are very high on him also, I think he could be the next Ty Law. He also plays in a passing conference and has handled the USC receivers and Reggie Bush pretty well.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Zemaitis ran very well. Showed he's a corner more than a safety so he moved back up a lot of boards.

That pisses me off. As you know Stan, I have coveted Zemaitis for some time. Now, he'll probably not be there.

Oh well, there still hope for Griffin from Texas I suppose.

Reigle9

Reaction score
I know these numbers as fact: AZ had 10 reps and ran a 4.58 40. I also "heard" he had scored bad number on his Wonderlic, but can't say for sure. Both numbers are extremely disappointing and he has hurt his stock horribly. As someone that has watched every college game he has ever played, I know he's a football player and would take him in the late second or third.

As for Kilmer, I was disappointed when he didn't get a invite to the NFL combine. I knew he was a pysical freak and would lay down the numbers he did. Someone already posted his 4.38 40,but he also had 19 reps. Anyone who saw the Orange Bowl knows about his hands. Whoever drafts him, wherever they draft him, will be getting the steal of the draft.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Displaced Cowboy said:
Zemaitis ran in the high 4.5's

He did run in the 4.5s, but his other numbers were exceptional for a player his size. 4.18 short shuttle and 6.80 three cone showed that he has the quickness to play corner.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:

Zemaitis just earned himself a nice pay check.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Displaced Cowboy said:
If this Pro Day isn't an indictment on Penn State using the HIT training program i don't know what is.

The bench numbers for the linemen are pathetic.

OSU fan?

or FSU perhaps??

Rush 2112

Reaction score
What numbers are you guys looking at on PSU guys.

Pathetic results across the board except for Lowry and the WR.

Anyone shopping for a 4.56-4.58 CB with a 30 VJ needs his head examined.

We may have a shot to draft and pass on Zemaitis twice.

He goes 2nd round at best.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
He did run in the 4.5s, but his other numbers were exceptional for a player his size. 4.18 short shuttle and 6.80 three cone showed that he has the quickness to play corner.

A 4.18 short shuttle isn't very good. Especially for a CB.

David Pollack (A DE in college) ran a 3.8 last year.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Rack said:
A 4.18 short shuttle isn't very good. Especially for a CB.

David Pollack (A DE in college) ran a 3.8 last year.

I was wrong on the three cone. It was 6.68 as good or better than any other corner prospect this year. And the 4.18 was better than most corners and better than supposedly quick prospects like Santonio Holmes.

ConcreteBoy

Benched
Reaction score
Zemaitis and Penn State CB's are bad news.

Look at Ty Hill, Jonathan Joseph. Two major players hidden gems this draft. Sometimes fans and the hype machines get caught up in names, certain Big 10 schools here and miss out on the quite kids. Hill and Joseph produced in college and lit up Combine yet no one really talks about them. Why? Scouts are....