People in Texas Stadium Area

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Hey, I'm from NJ, and four of us are coming down for the Thanksgiving game. Can any help me in terms of finding a good hotel and what not? Where to stay, how to get to the stadium, etc.

scottsp

Reaction score
Bryan8284 said:
Hey, I'm from NJ, and four of us are coming down for the Thanksgiving game. Can any help me in terms of finding a good hotel and what not? Where to stay, how to get to the stadium, etc.

The hotel part I'm not to good with. Depends on your budget, what your looking for in terms of proximity to TS, etc.

Directions to the stadium are quite easy. Due east of Loop 12 off 183, you'll notice this barn-lookin' P.O.S. with the roof falling off. ;)

Seriously, shoot me a message or email and I'll be glad to help ya out.

Jersey

Reaction score
Have fun, Me and my buds went down from NJ to see the humiliating loss to the egirls on MNF. Was very dissapointed that so many tickets were avail to egirl fans. Its a shame to have the Cowboys in your backyard and not sell out each game. The fans were very ho-hum and silent. Maybe they should start to pump in crowd noise or something. I'm also begining to wonder how they are going to fill up the extra 20,000 seats in the new stadium they are building. The most avid-diehard Cowboys fans live outside of Texas.

Barrister

Reaction score
I live right off of 183 myself. The good thing is, it's close to the airport so there are a lot of decent places to stay. If you head west from the stadium on 183, you'll head towards the airport. You should pass roads Carl Rd., O'Connor, MacArthur, Story, Beltline and then Esters. On the intersection of 183 and Esters (less than 10min from the stadium) are a number of places to stay, including a Holiday Inn, AmeriSuites, Drury Inn, LaQuinta, Super 8 and a Best Western, all at that intersection.

Don't know if these are the cheapest or the best, but it's a starting point, and it's very convenient. I only live 1 block from that intersection, so I should know. :D

Swanny

Reaction score
i got tickets for thanksgiving day game for this year also. I got a package for flight and a hotel for $580 roundtrip tickets for three nights. The motel im staying at is 15 min. away from the stadium i suggest getting your plane tickets now and get the one where you can put it together with the hotel price i think that is a very good deal. I did everything on the internet at travelocity.com the motel is a super 8 motel.I really dont care how good the place is im staying at cause ill never be there so yea i suggest you do the same i did. I live in wisconsin though i do not know if it will be cheaper for you to fly from NJ im guessing it might be more but im not sure.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Try the Crowne Plaza on Stemmons FWY. It is close to the stadium and to downtown Dallas, Deep Ellum, etc. I have season tix, but I stay there quite a bit during the season.

I'll also stay up in Addison, which is a bit out of the way, but I like that area.

The hotel (Crowne Plaza) has a shuttle that will take you to the game for $12/person - or you can take a taxi, which is a bit cheaper if you leave early and miss the traffic.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I am planning on coming down with a friend. Getting to the game isn't such a big deal, but we would like to stay someplace in close proximity to some entertaining watering holes. In other words, we don't want to pay a lot for a cab to take our tails back to the hotel after a night of enjoying the Dallas nightlife.

Any suggestions?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Barrister said:
I live right off of 183 myself. The good thing is, it's close to the airport so there are a lot of decent places to stay. If you head west from the stadium on 183, you'll head towards the airport. You should pass roads Carl Rd., O'Connor, MacArthur, Story, Beltline and then Esters. On the intersection of 183 and Esters (less than 10min from the stadium) are a number of places to stay, including a Holiday Inn, AmeriSuites, Drury Inn, LaQuinta, Super 8 and a Best Western, all at that intersection.

Don't know if these are the cheapest or the best, but it's a starting point, and it's very convenient. I only live 1 block from that intersection, so I should know. :D

I am right off of 183 also, a little further West of this area. Many more hotels and options just a few more miles, may be a little less cost also. If those aren't what you are looking for, or are filled up. About 12 miles from the stadium straight down 183.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Does anyone ever meet before/after the games.BigDFan5 and myself are going to the home opener (Sept.19) and the Cards game (Oct.30).We would be interested in getting a chance to talk in person with the best fans in the world.

Murph80

Reaction score
DJDOUG I will be at both of those games. I am a season ticket holder from Illinois.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
I'll be at the home opener vs the Skins on Sept 19, and I bought my package through Dallascowboyscorral.com. DJDoug and Murph, send me a PM and we'll make plans to get together.