People were actually arguing that going for two on first TD was bad

droopdog7

Reaction score
In making this argument, they were basically giving the cowboys two chances to make one 2-point conversion. Yes, that’s right. Knowing that the team had ALREADY missed the 2-point conversion, they argued for going for the extra point the first time would mean we still have a chance on the second TD.

What?!? We already missed the conversion, you don’t get to erase that and get a second shot at it.

Here is why I loved going for the two first. In a nutshell, it lets the team know where we stand earlier. That’s means when/if we get the ball back, we KNOW we need to scores.

In other words, we’re not trying to score on the second possession AND take time off the clock in case we make the two. We’re doing everything we can to score because we already know we need an onside kick! That’s infinitely better than trying to balance a TD and the clock in case we make the two on the second try.

At worst, it makes little difference have gone for two on the first TD. At best, it’s slightly helpful. But make no mistake, the most important are the actual plays that we make.

Verdammung

Reaction score
In making this argument, they were basically giving the cowboys two chances to make one 2-point conversion. Yes, that’s right. Knowing that the team had ALREADY missed the 2-point conversion, they argued for going for the extra point the first time would mean we still have a chance on the second TD.

What?!? We already missed the conversion, you don’t get to erase that and get a second shot at it.

Here is why I loved going for the two first. In a nutshell, it lets the team know where we stand earlier. That’s means when/if we get the ball back, we KNOW we need to scores.

In other words, we’re not trying to score on the second possession AND take time off the clock in case we make the two. We’re doing everything we can to score because we already know we need an onside kick! That’s infinitely better than trying to balance a TD and the clock in case we make the two on the second try.

At worst, it makes little difference have gone for two on the first TD. At best, it’s slightly helpful. But make no mistake, the most important are the actual plays that we make.

This was my immediate thought. There were some considerations about how it would make Atlanta play offense, but I felt knowing your path to victory was better than risking it all on a final moment two-point conversion.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
I hate it. It takes the air out of the teams sails, and knowing you need 2 scores changes the way the opposing team plays on offense. It was idiotic. We got so lucky.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I think it was good to go for 2 but I would rather it be Dak passing then a run because running it in from the 2 is always harder because the defense almost always has the numbers.

droopdog7

Reaction score
I hate it. It takes the air out of the teams sails, and knowing you need 2 scores changes the way the opposing team plays on offense. It was idiotic. We got so lucky.
Take the airs out? What about missing it at the end of the game? What can take the air out more than losing the game right there?

droopdog7

Reaction score
I think it was good to go for 2 but I would rather it be Dak passing then a run because running it in from the 2 is always harder because the defense almost always has the numbers.
Yes, but don’t mixed the two together. One can dislike the play call but let’s separate from going for the 2.