Pepboys is a sham!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
man, so fustrating, but 2 weeks ago, I put my '93 Volkswagen in the shop, the freakin' thing started leaking all it's anti-freeze the 1st day I got it out on the road after buying it, but anyways, the dude there at Pepboys gave me a diagnostics test, and told me the 2 hoses of my radiator needed replacing, and that he had to order them from VW, and that it should take about a week, so come back the following Tuesday he says, well 2 weeks later, and numerous phone calls to him, note, he never called me, I had to call him to seek updates, I finally decide to take the damn thing someplace else

btw, one of the hoses came in, but numbnuts ordered the wrong size, so he had to send it back, and the other hose was MIA, that was Sunday, and by then I had enough

so I put it in this new shop, the dude looks at it while I'm at home, no having to pay for a wimpy test, calls me within an hour, tells me the hoses don't need replacing, just something else in my cooling system, and it should be done by tomorrow :eek:

thanks for screwing up the whole process Pepboys!!! and let this be a lesson to you all, don't shop at Pepboys, and that diagnostic test is a rip-off, I told them what was wrong w/ my vehicle, but they had to do it anyways, and STILL got it all wrong

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
They took a full day to change my thermostat and hoses, then I had to sell the ranch to pay the bill. I complained so much they lowered my bill, twice...:mad: