Twitter: Per 105.3 Cowboys to check in Riley

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
Sorry but Riley is a good college coach. He certainly is a splash hire for sure. But I'm not convinced he will be successful in the NFL. I would rather have a safe and secure hire than someone like a Riley or Urban.
I’m not convinced Meyer would be successful in the NFL

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We all knew it was coming but it’s going to be costly to lure him away.
Its Jerrah's money.

Does not count against the cap.

Who cares?

Nobody will be a bargain.

Heck..Garrett is pulling reportedly $8mil/yr.

And he get what for that?

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Yep.

The Cowboys are expected to make a serious run at Earl Thomas...

Oh, he wants money?

We'll just sign George Iloka.

The Cowboys have been linked to Urban Meyer....

Hello Mike McCarthy or John Fox.

Mediocrity and money. That's what the Cowboys have been for 25 years. Yay us!
:hammer::hammer:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Was going to post a pic of Fisher’s face in response to your post but I can’t get it to work with this dumb iPad (or I forgot how to). Just know that was what was coming.

I was gonna post a vid of me loading my rifle, but cuodnt get it to work.

superonyx

Reaction score
Sorry but Riley is a good college coach. He certainly is a splash hire for sure. But I'm not convinced he will be successful in the NFL. I would rather have a safe and secure hire than someone like a Riley or Urban.
I would as well......but after reading about Marvin Lewis and Mike McCarthy I’m excited.

superonyx

Reaction score
Indeed - a perfect fit.
Riley's doesn't have a clue about defensive football anymore than we do.

Just say, "NO" to Riley.
As long as he knows what he doesn’t know and brings in a guy who actually knows then he would have a shot...

That said.....give my Urban Meyer.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Anyone else think it's ominous that we haven't really heard McDaniels linked to the Cowboys by anyone? Really eery. I don't want the guy, but I'm worried that they're keeping something under wraps.

Then again, it could just be McCarthy and I'm actually OK with that. I think he's a great fit.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I just wonder if they already got an answer from Riley and Meyer.

Im intrigued by McCarthy and that his interview went well.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bros. Jerry's not going to hire a college coach. He thinks this team is ready to win now and a college coach would delay that.

Accept this or be wrong.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Anyone else think it's ominous that we haven't really heard McDaniels linked to the Cowboys by anyone? Really eery. I don't want the guy, but I'm worried that they're keeping something under wraps.

Then again, it could just be McCarthy and I'm actually OK with that. I think he's a great fit.

Supposedly he is all about installing the Patriots culture wherever he goes and they ain’t happening here.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Oh goodness. If the Eagles get eliminated today, this will be a great offseason. Interviewing new coaches, new coordinators, no Pats and hopefully no Eagles in the Super Bowl! We’re in for a treat guys :flagwave:
All we need is for the '9ers to lose next week and everything will be right with the world.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Bros. Jerry's not going to hire a college coach. He thinks this team is ready to win now and a college coach would delay that.

Accept this or be wrong.
So you think he's done with projects? The Garrett project left a bad taste in his mouth?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you think he's done with projects? The Garrett project left a bad taste in his mouth?

I think he's going to hire someone with pro experience. Probably pro head coaching experience.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Oh goodness. If the Eagles get eliminated today, this will be a great offseason. Interviewing new coaches, new coordinators, no Pats and hopefully no Eagles in the Super Bowl! We’re in for a treat guys :flagwave:

Throw in NO CLAPPER and that will be icing on the cake.