Per Goose on Norm's Show...

vicjagger

Reaction score
History says one of the 2 # 1 seeds won't make the Super Bowl. Not since 1993 (Dallas v Buffalo) have 2 #1s met in the SB.

Also, Minnesota would be the easiest team to face, Tampa The toughest. (Assumes Seattle wins as #3 seed, and Dallas holds onto #1.)

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
vicjagger;1842512 said:
History says one of the 2 # 1 seeds won't make the Super Bowl. Not since 1993 (Dallas v Buffalo) have 2 #1s met in the SB.
Well then, I guess it will be Cowboys vs any team not named Patsies. ;)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Damn I was hoping to face the Pats. Sorry NE better luck next year. :D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we don't improve our game considerably over the next couple weeks-- It'll be easy to pick which top seed won't be playing a game in Arizona.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
The #1 seed in the NFC has gone to the Super Bowl the last three years.

The two years before that (2002 and 2003) Philly was the #1 seed.

:laugh2:

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
vicjagger;1842512 said:

Also, Minnesota would be the easiest team to face, Tampa The toughest. (Assumes Seattle wins as #3 seed, and Dallas holds onto #1.)

He's just getting all lathered up hoping and praying Dallas falters at some point.

I live in NY, which is reputed to be a pretty tough media town. But the amount of Dallas reporters who take pleasure in local teams losses amazes me.

Not that they should all be homers, but the happy anticipation of failure has always seemed odd to me.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Erik_H;1842531 said:
He's just getting all lathered up hoping and praying Dallas falters at some point.

I live in NY, which is reputed to be a pretty tough media town. But the amount of Dallas reporters who take pleasure in local teams losses amazes me.

Not that they should all be homers, but the happy anticipation of failure has always seemed odd to me.

Jerry hate?

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Erik_H;1842531 said:

That really wasn’t his tone. He was just stating an unknown fact. He also said that the Bucs could be a team to give the Cowboys trouble. And said that the top 4 teams could win on the road if they had to.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty interesting seeing the stat in the Pats game that only something like eight AFC teams with homefield advantage since 1975 have gone on to win the Super Bowl. That's pretty amazing.

I tell you what, even though everyone acts like going to Lambeau would be a death sentence, I'd feel pretty good about winning there if we had to.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
vicjagger;1842512 said:

I don't put much stock into these types of stats. You go out and play if you execute you win if not you lose. What took place or what so called history shows is meaningless and has no bearing on what will take place here and now.

superpunk

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1842524 said:
If we don't improve our game considerably over the next couple weeks-- It'll be easy to pick which top seed won't be playing a game in Arizona.

If New England doesn't figure out a way to manage a consistent offensive attack in poor weather in the next couple weeks-- It'll be easy to pick which top seed won't be playing a game in Arizona.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Trying to figure out who is going to the Super Bowl is pure conjecture at this point.

Folks, the best thing is that the NFL doesn't employ something like the BCS.

The Cowboys get to prove whether or not they belong in the Super Bowl.

Relax...and enjoy the season...because it will be over before you know it.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
This sort of thing doesn't mean much. No team had won a Super Bowl with the NFL's leading rusher until Dallas. There are plenty of other examples.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1842549 said:
I tell you what, even though everyone acts like going to Lambeau would be a death sentence, I'd feel pretty good about winning there if we had to.

I'm starting to feel that way, too.

This Dallas team knows how to win on the road, no doubt.

But I still like the idea of making Brett Favre come back to his version of a haunted house. Maybe it's that hole in the roof. Maybe when he was a little kid, he had nightmares about a monster reaching through a hole in his bedroom ceiling and grabbing him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1842524 said:
Right, because New England's play of late has been absolutely stellar. [/sarcasm off]

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1842549 said:
I thought it was pretty interesting seeing the stat in the Pats game that only something like eight AFC teams with homefield advantage since 1975 have gone on to win the Super Bowl. That's pretty amazing.

I'm starting to think I'd rather play them at Lambeau. We're a hell of a road team.... undefeated. At home... not so much.

aikemirv

Reaction score
peplaw06;1842587 said:
I'm starting to think I'd rather play them at Lambeau. We're a hell of a road team.... undefeated. At home... not so much.

It depends on the weather. Above 35 degrees and it would not be such a big deal. Anything below that is going to be an advantage to Green Bay

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
aikemirv;1842611 said:
It depends on the weather. Above 35 degrees and it would not be such a big deal. Anything below that is going to be an advantage to Green Bay

I'm guessing Lambeau on the afternoon of January 20th is going to be a bit chilly.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
vicjagger;1842512 said:
That is why you want to at least make the playoffs. Anything can happen. Just ask Putzburgh.