Per Goose on Norm's Show...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
vicjagger;1842512 said:
History says one of the 2 # 1 seeds won't make the Super Bowl. Not since 1993 (Dallas v Buffalo) have 2 #1s met in the SB.

Also, Minnesota would be the easiest team to face, Tampa The toughest. (Assumes Seattle wins as #3 seed, and Dallas holds onto #1.)

I heard this and the comedy of it is how many teams have gone 16-0???
So this year is already an anomaly.

Those stats are really totally meaningless.

Pitt won a SB as a 6th seed.
Anything can happen if you have a good team playing great ball come playoff time.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
if in each of their playoff games the boys play a very good game and pats play a very good game...

we'll be playing the colts.

ps - minny will probably pose the most difficult threat to us given the way they dominated the OL/DL first go round.

vicjagger;1842512 said:
History says one of the 2 # 1 seeds won't make the Super Bowl. Not since 1993 (Dallas v Buffalo) have 2 #1s met in the SB.

Also, Minnesota would be the easiest team to face, Tampa The toughest. (Assumes Seattle wins as #3 seed, and Dallas holds onto #1.)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1842524 said:
If we don't improve our game considerably over the next couple weeks-- It'll be easy to pick which top seed won't be playing a game in Arizona.

are you dreaming of a negative Christmas this year? Damn there is negativity and there is Winicki negativity

sago1

Reaction score
I live just a little outside Tampa and see the Bucs a lot on the tube. They've got a really top quality defense and Garcia is a good QB. Galloway is best WR the Bucs have and they've got a pretty good RB. Garcia could dink and dunk down the field on the Cowboys, but they really rely on their defense for turnovers. Frankly, I just can't see the Cowboys losing to the Bucs unless we get another bad game from our offense. Monte Kiffen is just as good a DC as Eagles have. Bucs of course play a Tampa 2 with variables.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
sago1;1842709 said:
I live just a little outside Tampa and see the Bucs a lot on the tube. They've got a really top quality defense and Garcia is a good QB. Galloway is best WR the Bucs have and they've got a pretty good RB. Garcia could dink and dunk down the field on the Cowboys, but they really rely on their defense for turnovers. Frankly, I just can't see the Cowboys losing to the Bucs unless we get another bad game from our offense. Monte Kiffen is just as good a DC as Eagles have. Bucs of course play a Tampa 2 with variables.

Agree, I think the Bucs could be a problem. Garcia is very smart and can still move a little to avoid the rush, and that cover-2 is what takes T.O. away and makes Romo be disciplined.

I think we're a better team, but I think they'd be a very tough test.