Per NFL Network Adam S: Henry Reinstatement Could Be Awhile

sjordan6

Reaction score
Meet the commissioner

Brett Favre is hardly the only player NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is monitoring. Goodell also is tracking the talented but troubled wide receivers, Brandon Marshall and Chris Henry.

Each receiver, Marshall and Henry, was in New York on Monday to meet with the commissioner. Each pleaded his case, hoping to avert or shorten a suspension. Rulings are expected next week.

Marshall is facing a four-to-eight game suspension for a pattern of conduct the NFL does not approve. Losing Marshall for at least a quarter of the season would be a blow to the Broncos.

But Marshall was arrested three times in the span of one year, though he has yet to be convicted. The league now is weighing whether it should suspend Marshall, and how long the suspension would be.

"You are always concerned any time the commissioner calls you in to have a meeting," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said at his Thursday press conference. "It's obviously not a good sign."

Former Broncos wide receiver Rod Smith accompanied Marshall on his trip to the league’s New York offices. Smith is a perfect example of a player who once encountered his own off-the-field difficulties and conquered them the way he did cornerbacks.

Smith matured and evolved into an example of how every player should carry himself.

Henry currently is on indefinite suspension for his own pattern of poor decisions and bad behavior. Henry was arrested for the fifth time in April.

Henry is trying to have the suspension overturned to play as soon as possible.

If Henry is reinstated, it likely will not come until sometime in the middle of the season.

:banghead: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

But the league believes Henry offered a sufficient argument as to why he should have his suspension lifted.

I guess we better get Glenn into camp cause Henry was our last hope at a legitimate #2 WR!

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Um, why in blue hell would we get Chris Henry? That'd be too much thug for my blood. We already have one/two Pacman-person to deal with, why make it two/three?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Chris Henry

6-4
41 inch verticle

And he's a deep threat and has good hands...

GETER DONE JERAH!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;2157316 said:
Chris Henry

6-4
41 inch verticle

And he's a deep threat and has good hands...

GETER DONE JERAH!

Yes, but look at his production on the field. The guy didn't produce enough to be considered a legit #2. Hell, Miles Austin has almost the same exact size, speed and vertical and I don't see anybody thinking he's a legit #2.

YAKUZA

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sjordan6;2157294 said:
I guess we better get Glenn into camp cause Henry was our last hope at a legitimate #2 WR!
Not really. I seriously doubt he is on the radar.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2157330 said:
Yes, but look at his production on the field. The guy didn't produce enough to be considered a legit #2. Hell, Miles Austin has almost the same exact size, speed and vertical and I don't see anybody thinking he's a legit #2.

YAKUZA

not that I want Henry, but he produced well behind Chad and T.J. . it is hard to produce behind these two:)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2157330 said:

YAKUZA

Well except for threesportstar :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2157408 said:
not that I want Henry, but he produced well behind Chad and T.J. . it is hard to produce behind these two:)

I'd rather have TJ

CHAMPIONSHIP