News: Per PFT- Momentum between Cowboys, Ezekiel Elliott stalls

quickccc

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/02/momentum-between-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott-stalls/

Momentum between Cowboys, Ezekiel Elliott stalls

Just when it seemed likely that Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott‘s holdout would last into the regular season, the pendulum began to swing the other way on Saturday. By Sunday, the pendulum slowed down, considerably.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reports that, while talks continued on Sunday afternoon, “Dallas is frustrated with the last exchange.”

“After Saturday’s momentum, Cowboys expected more compromise to get a deal done today,” Robinson reports. “Didn’t happen, so it’s on to Monday and a hopeful reset.”

That update from Robinson came after he reported on Saturday that the two sides are “close to completing” a contract extension. That was a stronger version of the Adam Schefter tweet that indicated talks “are intensifying,” with the goal of getting a new deal done “this weekend.”

The Labor Day holiday means the weekend isn’t technically over, which gives the two sides one more day to wear white and/or to see if one side or the other will wave the white flag of the final capitulation that gets a deal done in time for Elliott to join the Cowboys for Week One against the Giants.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I say let the idiot sit and lose money.

giphy.gif

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am sure they will reach out today for one last shot before the season starts. Biggest chance for JJ to compromise if he wants him on the field against the giants.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I am sure they will reach out today for one last shot before the season starts. Biggest chance for JJ to compromise if he wants him on the field against the giants.

From everything I have read it appears the Cowboys are the only one compromising. It seems Zeke's camp has held fast in their demands. Honestly, I would prefer the Cowboys draw a line in the sand and don't cross it... They are about to open Pandora's box relative to negotiations in the future. Also Zeke carries a lot of risk given his off the field antics coupled with the physically punishing position of RB.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’d like to know some details of exactly what he’s turning down.

I’m not sure if his agents have properly factored in his risky behavior.