Per Titans Radio the Pacman trade has been finalized

Angus

Reaction score
Trade Finalized, Officially Ending Jones Era
By David Reed April 26, 2008

The trade between the Titans and Cowboys for Cornerback Pacman Jones received NFL approval Saturday, officially sending Jones to Dallas and ending his tenure as a Tennessee Titan.

''We moved on last year,'' Head Coach Jeff Fisher. ''We went to the playoffs without the player. This just completes the process. This was the business side of the process we completed today.''

The NFL approved the deal which sends Jones to the Cowboys for a fourth round selection Sunday, the 126th overall pick. Fisher said the Cowboys were the only team to express interest in Jones and the offer the Titans received Wednesday was the best deal.

''The best offer we got was on Wednesday and I think it was the pressure of the draft upon it,'' Titans General Manager Mike Reinfeldt said. ''It was time to take it.''

Reinfeldt said it took the two sides as well as the NFL extra time to complete the paperwork since the deal involved ending Jones original deal with the Titans and executing a new agreement with the Cowboys. In addition, the trade includes several contingencies depending on what happens to Jones from here forward.

Fisher said the franchise did all the proper preparation in selecting Jones three years ago and reacted properly when Jones' off-field issues became a problem.

''We discplined him, we suspended him, we made sure he got proper counseling, we supported him,'' Fisher said. ''It was he who made the choices he made.''

Once the season ended, Fisher said the organization decided to move Jones, admitting ''way too much time'' had been spent on the cornerback.

''I hope he gets it, I hope he understands it.'' Fisher said. ''I know he regrets what he did. I know he realizes he's one step away from no longer participating in the National Football League.''

http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/blurb_view.cgi?blurb=news619440