Perfect draft...

MindReader

Benched
Reaction score
All 3 day one picks should be immediate starters or role players at the least.

Round 1 = You take Justice, McNeil, Scott at OT in that order. One of them is guaranteed to be there. Fix our pathetic tackle problem once and for all. It's the biggest glaring weakness on our team and it made me sick to my stomach every down, add talented youth to our old o-line please. Theres going to be teams with a better current tackle situation than us picking up one of these tackles in the first round, I guarantee you.

Round 2 = go with either LB or WR. Assuming Jackson and Holmes are gone, theres probably no WR worth taking here. Unless we really like Moss. So you take Parham from Virginia. Or whomever our scouting department feels comfortable with.

Round 3 = best WR on the board or LB (if we went WR round 2). Probably looking at Demetrius Williams from Oregon. Raw talent.

there it is folks, the draft we want, the draft we need, the draft we better get!

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
It's a weak draft WR wise.

With that in mind i take the WR in round 1. I like Jackson better than Holmes but either will suffice.

In round 2 there will be plenty of OT to choose from that are very comparable to any of the ones you want in round 1.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Good luck on drafting Jackson in the 2nd round, he won't be there.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MindReader said:
All 3 day one picks should be immediate starters or role players at the least.

Round 1 = You take Justice, McNeil, Scott at OT in that order. One of them is guaranteed to be there. Fix our pathetic tackle problem once and for all. It's the biggest glaring weakness on our team and it made me sick to my stomach every down, add talented youth to our old o-line please. Theres going to be teams with a better current tackle situation than us picking up one of these tackles in the first round, I guarantee you.

Round 2 = go with either LB or WR. Assuming Jackson and Holmes are gone, theres probably no WR worth taking here. Unless we really like Moss. So you take Parham from Virginia. Or whomever our scouting department feels comfortable with.

Round 3 = best WR on the board or LB (if we went WR round 2). Probably looking at Demetrius Williams from Oregon. Raw talent.

there it is folks, the draft we want, the draft we need, the draft we better get!

Can't see how you take any of these OTs over Winston, unless your assuming Winston is off the board. In that event, I would not draft an OT at 18. It is my opinion that the Quality of OT is going to be roughly the same from say 3 to 7. I also think that Parham might be there later in the draft. There are several LBs in this draft that are probably going to be ranked higher then Parham. If he's the guy you want, I think the 2nd might be to early.

Welcome to the Board and thank you for posting.

MindReader

Benched
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. It really wouldn't kill me to see either jackson or holmes in round 1 due to the drop off in talent level after them two at wr in this years draft. All I know is I just want a top tier tackle out of the draft this year bledsoe needs it, our rb's need it, and the our future o-line needs it.

ABQ, Eric Winston I think has pushed himself out of round 1 though, for what reason I don't know. But I remember watching some clips of him getting beat at the senior bowl quiet frequently. :confused: And I heard them saying how he used to be a top 10 pick but now hes looking like he will slide quiet a bit on draft day, probably to round 2. Overrated a bit I think.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MindReader said:
Thanks for the welcome. It really wouldn't kill me to see either jackson or holmes in round 1 due to the drop off in talent level after them two at wr in this years draft. All I know is I just want a top tier tackle out of the draft this year bledsoe needs it, our rb's need it, and the our future o-line needs it.

ABQ, Eric Winston I think has pushed himself out of round 1 though, for what reason I don't know. But I remember watching some clips of him getting beat at the senior bowl quiet frequently. :confused: And I heard them saying how he used to be a top 10 pick but now hes looking like he will slide quiet a bit on draft day, probably to round 2. Overrated a bit I think.

I actually heard that he ran well at the combine. I have not seen the times and agilities but perhaps I've been miss informed. I also did not hear that Winston performed poorly at the Senior Bowl. However, his injury is a concern in that I don't think he's back to where he was prior to the injury. However, this of injury does usually take a year to rehab and another year to gain strength back. I guess we will see.

MindReader

Benched
Reaction score
Well we could only benefit from him dropping. I'm a bit shocked myself that they were talking like that about him during the senior bowl drills, maybe it was the injury they mentioned I cant remember. I will try to find the clip tonight.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MindReader said:
Well we could only benefit from him dropping. I'm a bit shocked myself that they were talking like that about him during the senior bowl drills, maybe it was the injury they mentioned I cant remember. I will try to find the clip tonight.

Thank you. I would appriciate hearing that if you have it.