Pet Cats

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I know it's real early, but we all have them....

Some player we look at and wish we could pick them up come draft time, realistic or not.
Mine is a player we don't "need" exactly, but is a blue chipper that I just drool thinking about in silver and blue.
Rolando McClain - ILB - Alabama.

I know,I know we just drafted plenty of 'backers, we need oline help more....
But I just can't stop thinking about him with Brady and Brooking and eventually takeing over in the middle. That would give us an identity for many years to come, and both our middle LB of the future !

One can only dream....

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Can we see how Jason Williams works out first? Or do you guys project him to be a Kevin Burnett type player? I see him potentially as an every down LB in 2 years when Brooking leaves.

I like Spikes and McClain, but there's other areas to address first.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
WR Jordan Shipley
OG Mike Iupati
FS Earl Thomas
ILB Daryl Washington

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
That's why he's my Pet Cat, I do see Williams in the middle in a couple of years time. When Brady and Brooking retire, we will need another ILB to play along side him.There are a few real good ILB in this draft, McClain is top of my unrealistic wish list. Spikes, or The MLB out of Kentucky would work also : )

No, it's not really a need, OG, OT and FS come to mind. That's why it's a pet cat thread....

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3060489 said:
Can we see how Jason Williams works out first? Or do you guys project him to be a Kevin Burnett type player? I see him potentially as an every down LB in 2 years when Brooking leaves.

We can have 2 ILB one S and one W. I want spikes kid is simply amazing. As for these others needs youre talking about can be address whenever 1st round doesn't have to be WR and unless Golden tate declares I wouldn't want sny WR thats projecting 1st round.

Spikes and Williams on the field at the same time makes me excited.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Duke Calhoun and Carlos Singleton WR's Univ of Memphis

On any other team they'd be stars

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3060595 said:
We can have 2 ILB one S and one W. I want spikes kid is simply amazing. As for these others needs youre talking about can be address whenever 1st round doesn't have to be WR and unless Golden tate declares I wouldn't want sny WR thats projecting 1st round.

Spikes and Williams on the field at the same time makes me excited.

Okay whether you like it or not, Bradie James is going to be here for awhile so just get used to it.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3060696 said:
Okay whether you like it or not, Bradie James is going to be here for awhile so just get used to it.

As he should be - but no harm in also looking a little bit into the future...

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
kiheikiwi;3060739 said:
As he should be - but no harm in also looking a little bit into the future...

Bradie James is 28 years old and damn good ILB. I do believe we need to look beyond Brooking though, which is why I said to give Jason Williams a shot first. He's got this year and next to learn and grow before hopefully taking that position full time.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3060696 said:

Not if we draft spikes :D

SLATEmosphere;3060761 said:
Bradie James is 28 years old and damn good ILB. I do believe we need to look beyond Brooking though, which is why I said to give Jason Williams a shot first. He's got this year and next to learn and grow before hopefully taking that position full time.

Why are you so high on Bradie James? The dude is really bad. He's no better than Scott Shanle.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3060489 said:

To be fair, he asked for our pet cats.

I've been on the Weatherspoon bandwagon for a couple of years now... so that's not going to go away. We could have Ray Lewis in his prime and Patrick Willis as our ILB and I'd still like Weatherspoon....

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;3061017 said:
To be fair, he asked for our pet cats.

I've been on the Weatherspoon bandwagon for a couple of years now... so that's not going to go away. We could have Ray Lewis in his prime and Patrick Willis as our ILB and I'd still like Weatherspoon....

true dat.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3060778 said:
Why are you so high on Bradie James? The dude is really bad. He's no better than Scott Shanle.

If you ever had any credibility (you didn't), you just lost it...