Pete Rose has died

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I'm old enough to have seen him play. Not live since the American and National leagues didn't start interleague play until 1994, but saw him many times on TV. Another great from my childhood is gone. RIP Charlie Hustle

Mannix

Reaction score
I wish that I could say RIP, but I've seen and heard too many stories about what a miserable human he was. I still remember a TV interview he did 20+ years ago....with his young son within earshot, he was asked about his first marriage and if he being over consumed with baseball had something to do with its failure...his exact words were "she got fat on me"....wow....really....he thought it was gonna get a laugh, but it fell very flat with the interviewer. Then there was a story that I heard first hand whilst I lived In Iowa....he did an autograph signing thingy at a large department store in Cedar Rapids in the late 70's...showed up in a full length fur coat even though the weather was still very warm out....he proceeded to hit on every underage girl that he came into contact with. And of course there is the Beatles Rubber Soul haircut. :muttley:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Ty Cobb was not as bad as stories say but he was still a POS
But Rose was another step lower

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish that I could say RIP, but I've seen and heard too many stories about what a miserable human he was. I still remember a TV interview he did 20+ years ago....with his young son within earshot, he was asked about his first marriage and if he being over consumed with baseball had something to do with its failure...his exact words were "she got fat on me"....wow....really....he thought it was gonna get a laugh, but it fell very flat with the interviewer. Then there was a story that I heard first hand whilst I lived In Iowa....he did an autograph signing thingy at a large department store in Cedar Rapids in the late 70's...showed up in a full length fur coat even though the weather was still very warm out....he proceeded to hit on every underage girl that he came into contact with. And of course there is the Beatles Rubber Soul haircut. :muttley:
If you hurry down to the morgue there might be time to piss on the corpse.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's a disgrace that he died without being inducted into the HOF. I don't care what he bet on. You can ban him for life from being involved in MLB at any level if you want but the HOF has nothing to do with it. Everyone knows he's a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. It was silly to keep him out.

Putting him in posthumously would be the ultimate slap in the face.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think it's a disgrace that he died without being inducted into the HOF. I don't care what he bet on. You can ban him for life from being involved in MLB at any level if you want but the HOF has nothing to do with it. Everyone knows he's a 1st ballot Hall of Famer. It was silly to keep him out.

Agreed, should have been first ballot, one of the best ever.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great player

94718aeb-083b-471c-b32f-58bac0072a9f-PeteRose0522_0219.jpg

pete-rose-2.jpg

Rayman70

Reaction score

I agree!! BTW..what about the trashy way Joe Buck HAD to mention his passing during the telecast in the same breath as "he bet on baseball" "His own team to win" THAT was lower than low how he framed his passing during a game where millions were watching. That was like peeing on the mans grave. The poor guy is dead...can the media PLEASE let him rest and respect the family? Charlie Hustle might have been in the top 10 all time of any baseball league PERIOD and they can't take that away from him or the fans. IT HAPPENED. The man was abused by the media . Terrible. Yeah he messed up and paid a dear price, but the man didn't juice up or kill anyone.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Agreed, should have been first ballot, one of the best ever.
I thought Joe buck should apologize to his family after how he framed his passing during the game to the audience. I mean, why even mention the he bet on baseball thing at all? Hadn't the family endured enough? Do they wanna dig him up and ban him some more? I thought it was in poor taste and the man/family deserved much better.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If you hurry down to the morgue there might be time to piss on the corpse.
You would have thought he committed a homicide the way folks trash him, even in death. Or hurt dogs. Stuff like that. No man, no woman is without blemish and Pete was no different in life and he owned it. That should have been good enough.

Rayman70

Reaction score
:facepalm:Never fails that folks that think their miserable lives are somehow holier than thow feel the need to crap on someone’s grave.

RIP Pete
I agree. I am calling out Joe Buck. Maybe it was unintentional but the way he went about announcing his passing seemed really scummy. It was backhanded. The man never killed anyone or any animals. Now hes in the ground possibly and folks pretend like he did something to them.