Video: Peter’s 6 sacks

exciter

Reaction score
Nice video. I love watching breakdowns like this. Just out of curiosity, how many sa is did our LT give up last season? Peters gave up six, how many did our LTs give up? Anyone know?
Tyron was credited with one. Steele was credited with 2, one was on the left side after being moved if I remember correctly!

plymkr

Reaction score
Steele gave up 9 the season prior mostly contributed to lack of pro strength…just stunning what an off season in a pro weight training program can do huh!
Steele improved so much from one year to the next. I know some are down on Philbin, and some of the hate is deserved, but he worked magic with Steele, and to Steele's credit he took full advantage of the opportunity.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know we all are focused on how he helps the OLine and Tyler but did you see/hear his interview? The dude is grounded, experienced, and smart. I think his presence and leadership on the team overall will be huge. In other words, he strikes me as a player who will keep teammates in check from getting the big head after a few wins.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Great tape review here.

Biggest winner...Dallas Cowboys.

Individual player...Smith, who will be learning from two different Hall OT' in his rookie season. Man!:thumbup:
:clap:
Well said . . . This is something that is being overlooked

chicago JK

Reaction score
Lets see him on the field. I will keep my expectations low, but I am fine with the signing. As a 40 year old, it is really tough to look at last years stats and make a case either way. The NFL is a year to year league and when you are 40 there is no way to know if future success will continue.

Injuries are a part of the game, but it is a shame we are heading into the first game of the season and may be below average with 4 of the 5 lineman. That can't happen. Lets hope I am proven wrong.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyron was credited with one. Steele was credited with 2, one was on the left side after being moved if I remember correctly!

Somehow "credited" does not seem like the right word. Some fans on here would say "blamed" :muttley:.

We know what the intent was though. :D
Thanks for the info. Steele much less than I thought.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Low sack totals are nice but dak runnig for his life IE pressures will tell more of the story and oh all the holding penalties and presnap penalties by the OL , not great..i mean they held a lot that kept their sack totals down..great job lOL also factor in the LG/C combo there in the middle the defenses knew pretty well where to go to blow up a play..the DE got their late because the play was already blown up up the middle LOL

also remember the QB has something to do with sacks. some get rid of it super-fast other hold it to long and others in between.. we all know the run fiorst mindset of a rookie qb like fields will create sack that otherwise...

Last edited:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Steele improved so much from one year to the next. I know some are down on Philbin, and some of the hate is deserved, but he worked magic with Steele, and to Steele's credit he took full advantage of the opportunity.
Agreed. It's off topic from the OP so ill try to keep this short, but Philbin was a miracle worker during the 2020 season with that patch job highly injured Oline. As high as I was on Philbin in 2020, he made me look like a fool for backing him in 2021. I can't think of anyone on the oline last year who actually showed improvement. That said though Philbin has been around the league a long time, and I think still deserves a fair chance to redeem himself this year.

He has some stability on the right side of the line with an All pro RG. They brought in a vet LT who should be at least average, and you have the prospects of Smith making a late season retrurn. They invested a 1st round pick this year, and while Biadasz has his flaws this is exactly the type of player you lean on good coaching to get them to the next level. Hes in year 3, has a lot of playing time under his belt. The Cowboys stuck with him when they had an opportunity to take the universal #1 C in the draft. This is where Philbin can earn his money. I cut no slack to Philbin if Steel does meet the expectations this team put on him. I'd have a hard time believing that Philbin didnt have a pretty big voice in the Steel vs Collins situation.

J-man

Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe it's just me, but I'm not buying the: sure he gets beat badly on these plays, but really the QB should have felt this quick, blind side pressure and stepped up so he didn't get sacked excuses. He was beaten and his man made the sack, period.

I have always viewed Peters as very overrated and still do. I do think he's decent and probably is the best option we have for a legit swing tackle right now so I'm "OK" with the signing. I just hope he doesn't get Dak killed if he ever does become the starter at LT.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The 6 sacks he gave up and some other reps.

his foot work and balance is pretty good on most of what I saw. in the sacks, it looks like he struggled against more athletic DEs that lined up way wide, so they go momentum running, able to change direction and cut up field. the other sacks, seemed to be because of indicision on where to go, who to pick and who is got who. he can't move laterally as quickly as he used to, so speedy DEs will give him some trouble. if we give him help, maybe with a TE chipping as well as having Zeke in the backfield should help. I do agree, couple or three of the sacks was QBs fault, for dropping too deep, then not feeling the pressure and stepping up or taking off when he had the lane. he should help in the run game, sealing the edge. if a DE lines up over him, its game over, his technique and experience is too much for them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Steele gave up 9 the season prior mostly attributed to lack of pro strength…just stunning what an off season in a pro weight training program can do huh!
with FOUR different qbs i mean some bad qbs holding the ball too long will have a lot to do with some of those sacks.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Low sack totals are nice but dak runnig for his life IE pressures will tell more of the story and oh all the holding penalties and presnap penalties by the OL , not great..i mean they held a lot that kept their sack totals down..great job lOL also factor in the LG/C combo there in the middle the defenses knew pretty well where to go to blow up a play..the DE got their late because the play was already blown up up the middle LOL

also remember the QB has something to do with sacks. some get rid of it super-fast other hold it to long and others in between.. we all know the run fiorst mindset of a rookie qb like fields will create sack that otherwise...
I think with Dak being 100% healed up and another year under his belt he should be a better QB. But will still be running for his life at times.. Has one proven WR in the bunch other than Brown. Moore needs to have some quick hitting plays to get the ball out and back them out of the box. I see them stacking the box to stop the run and pressure Dak.