Video: Peter’s 6 sacks

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think with Dak being 100% healed up and another year under his belt he should be a better QB. But will still be running for his life at times.. Has one proven WR in the bunch other than Brown. Moore needs to have some quick hitting plays to get the ball out and back them out of the box. I see them stacking the box to stop the run and pressure Dak.
doubt it will be as bad as you are visualizing depends on the first two games how the coaches set up the OL..

will they throw Peters in game 1 and kick Tyler inside?

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
doubt it will be as bad as you are visualizing depends on the first two games how the coaches set up the OL..

will they throw Peters in game 1 and kick Tyler inside?
I am wondering if they will play Peters in the first game. Maybe have him padded up and see what happens. Will be a sloppy first few games around the league. I am interested to see the first quarter. Will we come out flat.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am wondering if they will play Peters in the first game. Maybe have him padded up and see what happens. Will be a sloppy first few games around the league. I am interested to see the first quarter. Will we come out flat.
well i don't remember the start off last year's game 1 but know this that score and the close miss in beating the SB winning TB game 1 on the road, doubt they were flat. i believe those still here like Dak who's healthier coming into this one etc remember that game and are most likely chomping at the bit to get some revenge.

glimmerman

Reaction score
well i don't remember the start off last year's game 1 but know this that score and the close miss in beating the SB winning TB game 1 on the road, doubt they were flat. i believe those still here like Dak who's healthier coming into this one etc remember that game and are most likely chomping at the bit to get some revenge.
Revenge for sure. And the bucs are dealing with injuries to there oline also. If Quinn comes after brady it could be exciting but I am figuring they will give us run plays to stop first.

And I know we will test out our run game early also. A big dose of Elliot and Pollard. Would like to see us start with some shorter high percentage passes to get Dak in rhythm..

exciter

Reaction score
Low sack totals are nice but dak runnig for his life IE pressures will tell more of the story and oh all the holding penalties and presnap penalties by the OL , not great..i mean they held a lot that kept their sack totals down..great job lOL also factor in the LG/C combo there in the middle the defenses knew pretty well where to go to blow up a play..the DE got their late because the play was already blown up up the middle LOL

also remember the QB has something to do with sacks. some get rid of it super-fast other hold it to long and others in between.. we all know the run fiorst mindset of a rookie qb like fields will create sack that otherwise...
It wasn’t just on fields last year… Peters was credited with 8 sacks the year prior!

exciter

Reaction score
Somehow "credited" does not seem like the right word. Some fans on here would say "blamed" :muttley:.

We know what the intent was though. :D
Thanks for the info. Steele much less than I thought.
Eh, just a term I’ve heard used by “talking heads” wasn’t something I came up with on my on lol!

conner01

Reaction score
Steele gave up 9 the season prior mostly attributed to lack of pro strength…just stunning what an off season in a pro weight training program can do huh!
I think one thing that hurt Steele was playing both sides too

exciter

Reaction score
I think one thing that hurt Steele was playing both sides too
Eh, the coaching staff pushed the idea that he was overpowered much of that rookie season but moving him around didn’t help much either I’m sure!

blueblood70

Reaction score
It wasn’t just on fields last year… Peters was credited with 8 sacks the year prior!
his highlights outweigh his sacks

i saw them all hes good payer..he can still be better than wheat we have currently on the roster,,thats key, thats the point move on. be happy we have insurance and Not chaz green type of answers.

exciter

Reaction score
his highlights outweigh his sacks

i saw them all hes good payer..he can still be better than wheat we have currently on the roster,,thats key, thats the point move on. be happy we have insurance and Not chaz green type of answers.
Most players highlight reel will outweigh their sacks allowed… doesn’t mean they’re good. At this stage he’s not much better than Chaz Green. I have no problem with him as insurance as a swing tackle and backup but at this stage of his career he’s just a stop gap and is not going to be any better than Tyler Smith. Might as well let Smith take some early lumps so as to be prepared for the later part of the season and next year! Oh, and Peters played a full 16 game season a total of 5 times in 17 seasons… Tyron did so 4 times in 11. The chances of him not being injured and missing time for at least part of the season slim at best!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Most players highlight reel will outweigh their sacks allowed… doesn’t mean they’re good. At this stage he’s not much better than Chaz Green. I have no problem with him as insurance as a swing tackle and backup but at this stage of his career he’s just a stop gap and is not going to be any better than Tyler Smith. Might as well let Smith take some early lumps so as to be prepared for the later part of the season and next year! Oh, and Peters played a full 16 game season a total of 5 times in 17 seasons… Tyron did so 4 times in 11. The chances of him not being injured and missing time for at least part of the season slim at best!

dude you are now invalidated Green gave up 4 -5 sack in ONE game so bad Knight had to come in as his replacement who then gave up 2 sacks , right this is the same lmao..you have terrible Eye..move on, this forum isn't for you,,.stop being emotional go bac to FB maybe your friends think you make valid statements, i do NOT.

Not really hes exceptional between sacks ..stop the debate hes a very good insurance policy..IDC about your thoughts most see this as very good move, right now hes swing tackle not fulltime starter.UMM OK!! you are nitpicking. Let it go its what fans do here whine and complain see the negative vent and rant all day..CEEDEE has 4 official drops in 21 and all they talk but is CD cleaning up his drops as its a huge issue and leader in the NFL Chase had NINE (9):muttley::facepalm::huh::angry::thumbdown::espn:

exciter

Reaction score
dude you are now invalidated Green gave up 4 -5 sack in ONE game so bad Knight had to come in as his replacement who then gave up 2 sacks , right this is the same lmao..you have terrible Eye..move on, this forum isn't for you,,.stop being emotional go bac to FB maybe your friends think you make valid statements, i do NOT.

Not really hes exceptional between sacks ..stop the debate hes a very good insurance policy..IDC about your thoughts most see this as very good move, right now hes swing tackle not fulltime starter.UMM OK!! you are nitpicking. Let it go its what fans do here whine and complain see the negative vent and rant all day..CEEDEE has 4 official drops in 21 and all they talk but is CD cleaning up his drops as its a huge issue and leader in the NFL Chase had NINE (9):muttley::facepalm::huh::angry::thumbdown::espn:
Lol, no, you just just didn’t like what you heard… you just can’t get past the belief that he’s good because you’ve heard his name! It’s the same line of thinking that had people believing another coaching staff would turn Rico Gathers into a star red zone receiver, that McGovern would be exceptionally better than Williams or that Empey, who they didn’t see fit to put on the practice squad would take over the Center position. It’s the really real world, in the really real world the coaches are much more qualified to make personal decisions than fans who can barely successfully fetch the toilet paper on the family trip to Walmart!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The 6 sacks he gave up and some other reps.

This was an excellent video, and really enlightened me on a player that I had a lot of preconceived notions about.
After watching this I came away with a lot more respect for the level of skill Peters has, despite his age he can still play.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lol, no, you just just didn’t like what you heard… you just can’t get past the belief that he’s good because you’ve heard his name! It’s the same line of thinking that had people believing another coaching staff would turn Rico Gathers into a star red zone receiver, that McGovern would be exceptionally better than Williams or that Empey, who they didn’t see fit to put on the practice squad would take over the Center position. It’s the really real world, in the really real world the coaches are much more qualified to make personal decisions than fans who can barely successfully fetch the toilet paper on the family trip to Walmart!
nope...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
with FOUR different qbs i mean some bad qbs holding the ball too long will have a lot to do with some of those sacks.
True. They hold the ball too long waiting for someone to get open. The receivers always get a free pass. The viewer has no idea on the play call, so it's always the quarterback's fault in their eyes.