Video: Peter King: Cowboys need to compromise and sign Dak Prescott

Sydla

Reaction score
I am still confused what the issue is here. He wants less years but the same amount of money, Dallas wants more years to spread out the cap hit but same amount of money?

The market has largely been set with recent contracts for Wilson, Goff and Wentz. If Dak is operating outside the realm of those, then he and his agent are being unfair.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am still confused what the issue is here. He wants less years but the same amount of money, Dallas wants more years to spread out the cap hit but same amount of money?

The market has largely been set with recent contracts for Wilson, Goff and Wentz. If Dak is operating outside the realm of those, then he and his agent are being unfair.
Basically he wants the highest paid contract in the league surpassing what Russell Wilson signed last year. I’m not sure there’s any stall on the number of years but yes , I’d argue he is demanding something beyond that realm.

I think we can all agree Dak deserves to be paid. But the highest paid? And why I say Screw Him!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You’re welcome to present the current standoff however you choose. This is how I choose.

Dak is welcome to pursue whatever he wants. Selfish isn’t my viewpoint. Over evaluation of his talent level would be if he thinks he deserves the highest paid contract. And I salute our front office for not ponying up like they usually do on some of these.
Again, that's not how salary market works. It's not based on ranking or what you "think" he deserves. Also again - he's not the one negotiating. You ignore facts a lot. You'd rather wear the tinfoil hat and paint this like the FO isn't budging and they didn't want the extra time to negotiate.

Put it this way: Prescott isn't under contract, so there's no line drawn in the sand. Had they agreed to the tag and that is that, then you MAY have a half a point.

starfan1

Reaction score
Basically he wants the highest paid contract in the league surpassing what Russell Wilson signed last year. I’m not sure there’s any stall on the number of years but yes , I’d argue he is demanding something beyond that realm.

I think we can all agree Dak deserves to be paid. But the highest paid? And why I say Screw Him!

wheres the link that supports this?My understanding is it is the years. Dak could be being a tad selfish in that he wants to get paid twice. Once now and then again in 3 years the cowboys want more years but wanting to be the highest paid I hadnt heard that anywhere but right here

Diehardblues

Reaction score
wheres the link that supports this?My understanding is it is the years. Dak could be being a tad selfish in that he wants to get paid twice. Once now and then again in 3 years the cowboys want more years but wanting to be the highest paid I hadnt heard that anywhere but right here
I provided the links on above post. Might have to s roll back a page or two.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Again, that's not how salary market works. It's not based on ranking or what you "think" he deserves. Also again - he's not the one negotiating. You ignore facts a lot. You'd rather wear the tinfoil hat and paint this like the FO isn't budging and they didn't want the extra time to negotiate.

Put it this way: Prescott isn't under contract, so there's no line drawn in the sand. Had they agreed to the tag and that is that, then you MAY have a half a point.
C’mon. His agents represent him. So yes, it is him speaking. Spin it how you will but that’s my take.

starfan1

Reaction score
I provided the links on above post. Might have to s roll back a page or two.

the one with unconfirmed reports from Clarence Hill? So nothing factual just yet? be interesting to see how this plays out not sure who to believe anymore

Diehardblues

Reaction score
the one with unconfirmed reports from Clarence Hill? So nothing factual just yet? be interesting to see how this plays out not sure who to believe anymore
That’s as close as we have to what’s actually going on. I haven’t seen anything as such dismissing these reports.

We also have the other reports of the contracts actually offered to Dak which our ownership confirms the offers were made. That was another link I provided in an above post.

Is it your position to simply deny all reports because it doesn’t place Dak in a favorable public position?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
C’mon. His agents represent him. So yes, it is him speaking. Spin it how you will but that’s my take.
If the FO wasn't all in on signing Prescott, they would have obviously picked up FA QBs. Your take isn't factual. It's emotional.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That’s as close as we have to what’s actually going on. I haven’t seen anything as such dismissing these reports.

We also have the other reports of the contracts actually offered to Dak which our ownership confirms the offers were made. That was another link I provided in an above post.

Is it your position to simply deny all reports because it doesn’t place Dak in a favorable public position?
Based on facts dude. Try it.

starfan1

Reaction score

https://clutchpoints.com/cowboys-news-dak-prescotts-contract-demands-will-cause-dallas-to-cave/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...t-turned-down-new-contract-worth-33m-per-year

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...k-prescott-team-renews-offer-to-amari-cooper/

Is it your position to ignore all the other reports that say the opposite of you because it dont place enough negative publicity on dak? I simply dont know what to belive at this point but i cant imagine he actually wants 40 mil and thats the sticking point. Seems more logical its the years and lets be frank here your against all of the media reports you dont want pay him any more than 25 and that simply isnt going to happen. and its unrealistic

Diehardblues

Reaction score
https://clutchpoints.com/cowboys-news-dak-prescotts-contract-demands-will-cause-dallas-to-cave/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...t-turned-down-new-contract-worth-33m-per-year

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...k-prescott-team-renews-offer-to-amari-cooper/

Is it your position to ignore all the other reports that say the opposite of you because it dont place enough negative publicity on dak? I simply dont know what to belive at this point but i cant imagine he actually wants 40 mil and thats the sticking point. Seems more logical its the years and lets be frank here your against all of the media reports you dont want pay him any more than 25 and that simply isnt going to happen. and its unrealistic
Not at all. The 33 million was a reasonable offer. He’s an average to above average QB. In the Wentz category. Not Russell Wilson or Rodgers category.

Maybe Dak is being poorly represented but his agents are his voice . And he’s holding out for this 40 million range then I say, Screw Him. I’d never make him the highest paid QB.

starfan1

Reaction score
Not at all. The 33 million was a reasonable offer. He’s an average to above average QB. In the Wentz category. Not Russell Wilson or Rodgers category.

Maybe Dak is being poorly represented but his agents are his voice . And IF he’s holding out for this 40 million range then I say, Screw Him. I’d never make him the highest paid QB.

FIFY

cowboyec

Reaction score
i like both players...but why draft Connor McGovern?
if McCarthy wants to pick the Frederick successor im good with it....maybe thats the case.
or maybe he thinks McGovern is a OG and competes with Williams for that spot.