News: Peter King - Jerry Jones, Burning The Midnight Oil

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ls-antonio-brown-raiders-fmia-nfl-peter-king/

I have a Jerry Jones story for you.

At the Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremonies two weeks ago, Jones went to a couple of Friday night parties for the enshrinees, including Gil Brandt and the late Pat Bowlen. Those parties are swanky affairs, and Jones, who can converse with any person having even the slightest thing to do with the NFL, never short-shrifts a conversation or blows anyone off. He takes photos with anyone, talks to anyone. On this night, as every returning Hall of Famer does, Jones wore his Hall of Fame gold jacket with great pride. He never quite got to the buffet line at either party. He never ate dinner.

It got to be very late, around 3 a.m., and the parties were ending, and Jones said his goodbyes. Accompanied by veteran PR aide/wingman Rich Dalrymple, Jones got in his car. He was famished. So he stopped at a convenience store in Canton. This is not a sight often seen in a 24-hour food mart in Canton, Ohio—a Pro Football Hall of Famer in his Hall blazer coming in at 3 in the morning. Jones asked the gal at the place, Would it be possible to put a couple of those hot dogs on the grill for me? Well, yes. Yes it would. So Jones and Dalrymple waited a few minutes for the dogs to get cooked on one of those circular grills that keeps hot dogs hot and blistered for hours, and Jones paid for them, and they got back in the car. Then the Dallas owner proudly wearing his Hall of Fame blazer ate dinner. At 3:30 a.m., a couple of fast-food hot dogs can be quite delicious for a starving man, even a yellow-jacketed one.
Have to admit, Jerry has his own unique style. Even if that story is not true, JJ is still one of a kind. Most intriguing about the story is that Jerry is a multi-bazillionaire

Kaiser

Reaction score
There is a burger place called Tommy's in a fairly bad part of LA, if you go at 3 am you will cops and gangbangers sitting next to each other wolfing down chilliburgers. A friend of mine was there late one night and the guys in the booth behind them were having an animated discussion about the Lakers and kept using the royal "we". They were rolling their eyes listening to the two guys.

After about a dozen times of "we", my friend stuck his head over the booth to wisecrack "Yeah, guys, what are WE going to do about the Celtics?"

When he looked, it was Magic Johnson and Mitch Kupchak.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Who hasn't had a hot dog or chimichanga at the local 7-11 after an all nighter at 3 in the morning.....the grease helps with the hangover....only difference is that he probably pulled up in a limo. :)

JayFord

Reaction score
*were on the rooooaadddd burning the midddnighhttt oiiillll ohhhhhh wheeeeee*

Drops mic

cern

Reaction score
What many do not know is when jerry arrived at the hotel he saw a little kitty. He brought it up to his suite and gave it a bowl of milk. He named it zeke.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Gotta pay the rent.....so we gotta break out anything cowboys related

I just think King needs to learn how to party or something. I mean if a story doesn’t involve an uzi, an ounce of coke, or a dead hooker do you really need to tell it?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ls-antonio-brown-raiders-fmia-nfl-peter-king/

I have a Jerry Jones story for you.

At the Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremonies two weeks ago, Jones went to a couple of Friday night parties for the enshrinees, including Gil Brandt and the late Pat Bowlen. Those parties are swanky affairs, and Jones, who can converse with any person having even the slightest thing to do with the NFL, never short-shrifts a conversation or blows anyone off. He takes photos with anyone, talks to anyone. On this night, as every returning Hall of Famer does, Jones wore his Hall of Fame gold jacket with great pride. He never quite got to the buffet line at either party. He never ate dinner.

It got to be very late, around 3 a.m., and the parties were ending, and Jones said his goodbyes. Accompanied by veteran PR aide/wingman Rich Dalrymple, Jones got in his car. He was famished. So he stopped at a convenience store in Canton. This is not a sight often seen in a 24-hour food mart in Canton, Ohio—a Pro Football Hall of Famer in his Hall blazer coming in at 3 in the morning. Jones asked the gal at the place, Would it be possible to put a couple of those hot dogs on the grill for me? Well, yes. Yes it would. So Jones and Dalrymple waited a few minutes for the dogs to get cooked on one of those circular grills that keeps hot dogs hot and blistered for hours, and Jones paid for them, and they got back in the car. Then the Dallas owner proudly wearing his Hall of Fame blazer ate dinner. At 3:30 a.m., a couple of fast-food hot dogs can be quite delicious for a starving man, even a yellow-jacketed one.
A man of the people...eyeroll...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
If Jerry asked me to cook him a hotdog at 3:30am I would lean in at the counter stare him straight in his red glazed eyes and say “Oh these hotdogs are for owners who can win a superbowl in the 21st century now leave before I call the cops and tell them you exposed yourself in my parking lot”

Cool story bro... But no you wouldn’t you’d cook the hotdogs

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
There is a burger place called Tommy's in a fairly bad part of LA, if you go at 3 am you will cops and gangbangers sitting next to each other wolfing down chilliburgers. A friend of mine was there late one night and the guys in the booth behind them were having an animated discussion about the Lakers and kept using the royal "we". They were rolling their eyes listening to the two guys.

After about a dozen times of "we", my friend stuck his head over the booth to wisecrack "Yeah, guys, what are WE going to do about the Celtics?"

When he looked, it was Magic Johnson and Mitch Kupchak.

Yessir! The original Tommy’s on Rampart/Beverly, always a must! That’s the cheat meal my dude!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hell yeah. I like to put onion, jalapenos, chilli and nacho cheese on mine, right before I have my myocardial infarction.

JJ gets trashed on here, but yeah it would be a highly entertaining night to hang with the old wild catter.
I had about a half hour long conversation with him back in the day. He is a great guy to hang with. Made me and my staff feel like we were his buddies! He didn't let me into the party bus, though

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Hell yeah. I like to put onion, jalapenos, chilli and nacho cheese on mine, right before I have my myocardial infarction.

JJ gets trashed on here, but yeah it would be a highly entertaining night to hang with the old wild catter.
Power Dogs!!!! Yah baby!

Reactions: CWR