News: Peter King thanks Jerry Jones in his final column of MMQB-SI

mugsybows

Reaction score
LOL isnt he calling himself out in this piece, "the coaches i hate are the coaches who told me youre doing a great job!" lol doesnt he do that clapping at dudes when they turn the ball over.

also no one needs help being mediocre. when i think of Garrett's tenure i think mediocre.

lol even he hates himself as a coach.

ShortRound

Reaction score
in July 2013. Garrett on coaching: “The coaches I hate—that I had a visceral reaction to—were the guys who told me, ‘You’re doing a great job.’ … And allowing me to be as mediocre as mediocre could be. None of us need help being mediocre—especially me. Coach my ***! … You been to the Pro Bowl eight times? You’re getting your *** coached. You just got here 15 minutes ago? You’re getting your *** coached. First-round picks, free agents who signed for nothing—everybody’s getting coached.”

hmmmmm...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
LOL isnt he calling himself out in this piece, "the coaches i hate are the coaches who told me youre doing a great job!" lol doesnt he do that clapping at dudes when they turn the ball over.

also no one needs help being mediocre. when i think of Garrett's tenure i think mediocre.

lol even he hates himself as a coach.
He needs a sports psychiatrist like that Dr. V @gp_cowpolk was so nice to introduce to us.
He'll forget about Charlotte real quick.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Not sure how much Jason Garrett loved it, but he was great. So good, in fact, that two teams had their coaching staffs watch how the organized and passionate Garrett went topic by topic with his team. We taped the whole thing, and the 36-minute seminar/speech was on our site the day The MMQB was born, in July 2013. Garrett on coaching: “The coaches I hate—that I had a visceral reaction to—were the guys who told me, ‘You’re doing a great job.’ … And allowing me to be as mediocre as mediocre could be. None of us need help being mediocre—especially me. Coach my ***! … You been to the Pro Bowl eight times? You’re getting your *** coached. You just got here 15 minutes ago? You’re getting your *** coached. First-round picks, free agents who signed for nothing—everybody’s getting coached.”​

This seems a bit big to put in my sig for the guys who wanted more recent stuff in my sig, so I'll just quote it here again.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Good stuff.

I like how he says he hated coaches who said they were doing great when they were mediocre. Kinda slaps all those moronic "clapping" critics right in the face.

Except for when results are involved

The whole Garrett is good because he sounds good has gotten stale quick. He’s always sounded smart and like a guy who “should” be good. The issue has been results of his process while others line Pederson leap frog us.