Video: Peter King: Three Takeaways From Cowboys Training Camp

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't think there was much wrong with his report. I mean it's not earth shattering news to us but for people outside Cowboys land who watch NBC Sports for updates on teams around the league, it was probably somewhat enlightening.

I think people sometimes forget that the target audience of some of these reports is nationally............ not us fans that follow the team more closely.

morasp

Reaction score
I don't think there was much wrong with his report. I mean it's not earth shattering news to us but for people outside Cowboys land who watch NBC Sports for updates on teams around the league, it was probably somewhat enlightening.

I think people sometimes forget that the target audience of some of these reports is nationally............ not us fans that follow the team more closely.

That's what I was going to say too. There was one tidbit though at least for me. I've been reading quite a few camp reports and this was the first one I've seen that called Terrance Williams a starter.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Understood, but it's not worth the cost of the plane flight. But maybe this is why Peter King is sliding into obscurity? Rather than being an insider who gets the scoop, he's a "going through the motions" guy who gets his vacation trips paid for by the company.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I was going to say too. There was one tidbit though at least for me. I've been reading quite a few camp reports and this was the first one I've seen that called Terrance Williams a starter.

I attribute it to laziness and not knowing more than any insight.

Sydla

Reaction score
Understood, but it's not worth the cost of the plane flight. But maybe this is why Peter King is sliding into obscurity? Rather than being an insider who gets the scoop, he's a "going through the motions" guy who gets his vacation trips paid for by the company.

I think this is nothing more than King finding a cushy gig, doing what he loves to do without all the responsibilities (like giving up the MMQB writing, etc.) and NBC trying to cash in off his name.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is nothing more than King finding a cushy gig, doing what he loves to do without all the responsibilities (like giving up the MMQB writing, etc.) and NBC trying to cash in off his name.

Exactly.

Coasting.

And that's exactly how it comes across. Do this long enough and nobody will care what he has to say anymore. But you're right, he's likely winding down and riding that wave out until he soon retires.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

I’ve seen fans all over Instagram who want Sean Lee cut “because of what he did to Dez”.

Not everyone follows the team like a hawk.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Lol. Man, what passes for insight these days. These are not "takeaways". These are pre-draft and OTA generalities.

I'd respect King more if he simply said "spoke to several beat reporters and consensus is. ."

ESisback

Reaction score

Peter King is the McDonald’s of sports journalists.